Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Three Female Suicide Bombers Kill 27 In Nigeria

Three female suicide bombers have carried out an attack that has killed at least 27 people in north-eastern Nigeria, officials say.

Dozens were injured when the women blew themselves up outside a refugee camp near Maiduguri in Borno state – a stronghold of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram. There has been an upsurge in violence in the city in recent months.

Boko Haram has been fighting to set up an Islamic state since 2009.

A report published by US anti-terrorist researchers last week said it is the first insurgency in history to use more women suicide bombers than men.

Baba Kura, a member of a vigilante force set up to fight the jihadists, told AFP news agency on Tuesday that the first bomber blew herself up near the camp, triggering panic. “People were trying to close their shops when two other female bombers triggered their explosives, causing most of the casualties,” he said.

Last year, Nigeria’s government said that Boko Haram had been defeated. But correspondents say that the army is failing to stop the attacks, and people have continued to flee their homes in Borno State and poured into camps.

Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth Arrives In Portsmouth

The UK’s new £3bn aircraft carrier has docked in its home port.

HMS Queen Elizabeth entered Portsmouth Harbour for the first time at about 07:10 BST following extensive preparations at the naval base.

The 65,000-tonne ship has been undergoing sea trials since setting sail from Rosyth dockyard in Fife, where it was built, in June.

The 900ft (280m) long carrier cannot currently deploy planes but flying trials are due to begin next year.
Addressing crew members and contractors on the flight deck, Prime Minister Theresa May said the carrier was a “true testament to British ship building and design”. “Britain truly has the best sailors, marines and officers in the world. And I believe you deserve the very best equipment and that it what we have with HMS Queen Elizabeth,” she said. “This ship is the symbol of the United Kingdom as a great global maritime nation. Clearly she is a stunning piece of 21st Century engineering.”

Spectators gathered on the shoreline to watch the ship’s arrival and a no-fly zone has been put in place to prevent the flying of drones around the harbour.

Read More

Car That Crashed Into French Pizza Restaurant Not Though To Be Terror Attack

A car has crashed into a pizzeria in a village east of the French capital Paris, killing a 13-year-old girl and injuring 13 other people.

The driver of the BMW was arrested after the vehicle rammed the terrace of the cafe in Sept-Sorts, near the town of La Ferté-sous-Jouarre.

An interior ministry spokesman said the driver was 32 and French. While his actions are said to have been deliberate, the incident is not being treated as a terror attack.

Five of the injured were said to be in a serious condition. The three-year-old brother of the girl who died was fighting for his life in hospital in Paris.

Authorities said the driver had tried to kill himself on Sunday. It appears he had no previous criminal record.

Read More

Plans To Fire Missiles To Guam On Hold

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un reviewed plans to fire missiles towards the US Pacific territory of Guam but will hold off, state media said.

Although prepared for “the enveloping fire at Guam”, the North said it would watch what “the foolish Yankees” do before taking a decision.

Last week’s threat against Guam escalated the sharp rhetoric being exchanged between the two sides. This latest report points to a pause in the increasingly bitter war of words.

South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in meanwhile has urged the US not to launch an attack on the Korean peninsula without its consent, saying “no one may decide to take military action without the consent” of the South.

The report on state news agency KCNA said Kim Jong-un “examined the plan for a long time” and discussed it with senior military officials.

Read More

Twenty Restaurant Diners Killed By Gunmen In Ouagadougou

Twenty people have been killed and a number wounded in a terror attack in the centre of the capital of Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou, the government says.

Gunmen opened fire on customers seated outside a restaurant, witnesses said. Foreign nationals are among the dead, but details are still emerging.

The attack is now over, authorities say, with the two assailants also killed by security forces.

A jihadist attack on a nearby cafe killed 30 people in January last year.

There are fears that the latest attack is the work of one of the affiliates of al-Qaeda that are active in the Sahel region.
Read More