Three further arrests have been made in connection with the murder of off-duty soldier Lee Rigby, police have said.
The Met said counter terrorism officers arrested three men, aged 21, 24 and 28, on Saturday evening on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder – a Taser was used on two of them.
Drummer Rigby was run over and then attacked in Woolwich on Wednesday.
Two men arrested on suspicion of murder at the scene remain in custody in hospital in a stable condition.
Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, were shot and wounded by police.
A 29-year-old man, arrested on Thursday on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, has been bailed to return pending further inquiries. Two women, aged 29 and 31, also arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on Thursday, were released without charge on Friday.
Two men have been charged with endangering an aircraft after RAF Typhoon jets escorted a passenger plane over the UK.
Tayyab Subhani, 30, and Mohammed Safdar, 41, both of Nelson, Lancashire, were detained at Stansted on Friday.
Police boarded the Pakistan International Airlines flight, originally en-route to Manchester, after it was diverted to Stansted.
The defendants are due at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
The plane, flight PK709, left Lahore – the capital of the Pakistani province of Punjab – at 09:35 local time (05:35 BST) on Friday and had been due to arrive in Manchester at 13:30 BST.
French anti-terrorist investigators are handling the case of a soldier stabbed while on duty near Paris on Saturday evening, prosecutors have confirmed.
The soldier was wounded while on patrol in La Defense, a business district west of the French capital.
Private First Class Cedric Cordier was approached from behind and stabbed in the neck with a small-bladed knife.
Defence Minister Jean Yves Le Drian told reporters that he had been targeted because of his profession.
His attacker, said to be a bearded man of North African origin, escaped and a police hunt is under way.
President Francois Hollande said there was no sign so far of a direct link with the killing of a soldier in London on Wednesday, for which two suspected Islamists were arrested.
France has begun a key stage of its military withdrawal from Mali, four months after sending troops to push Islamist rebels out from the north.
A convoy of dozens of lorries left a base outside the capital, Bamako, on its way south to Ivory Coast.
France began withdrawing some of its 4,000 troops from the country in April.
They plan to gradually hand over to the Malian army and a UN peacekeeping force, which will deploy in July ahead of planned nationwide elections.
Saturday’s withdrawal comes just two days after Islamist rebels targeted an army barracks and French-run uranium mine in neighbouring Niger, killing 21 people. French special forces helped Nigerien soldiers end a hostage siege at the barracks on Friday.
It is not known if the attacks will affect French troop deployments.
M23 rebels in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo have declared a ceasefire for UN chief Ban Ki-moon’s visit to the conflict-hit area, a spokesman for the group says.
Mr Ban has arrived in the regional capital Goma, where one person was killed in a rocket attack on Wednesday.
He said he was deeply concerned by the renewed fighting there.
On Wednesday, the World Bank unveiled a $1bn (£660m) aid package to help DR Congo and its neighbours.
World Bank head Jim Yong Kim, who is also visiting DR Congo, said the money would be used for health, education, cross-border trade and hydroelectricity projects.
At least 20 people have been killed since Monday in heavy fighting between government and M23 forces.