Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Spanish Police Shoot Dead Five Terror Suspects After 13 Killed In Barcelona Attack

Spanish police say they have shot dead five suspected terrorists in the town of Cambrils in a second vehicle attack, after an earlier one in Barcelona killed 13 people and injured dozens.

The men were linked to the Barcelona attack, police say.

Police are still hunting the man who drove his van into crowds on Las Ramblas in Barcelona on Thursday.

Spain’s PM Mariano Rajoy described it as a “jihadist attack”, which so-called Islamic State said it had carried out.

Mr Rajoy has announced three days of national mourning and a minute’s silence will be held later on Friday.

Seven people, including a police officer, were wounded when a car was driven into them early on Friday, Catalan emergency services said. One person is in a critical condition.

Read More

One Dead & Many Injured In Barcelona Van Attack

At least one person died and 32 were injured after a van ploughed into crowds in Barcelona’s famous Las Ramblas tourist area, police say.

The vehicle sped along the pedestrianised area, mowing down people and sending others fleeing for cover in shops and cafes.

Witnesses said the van had deliberately targeted people before coming to a stop. Police are treating the incident as a terrorist attack.

Tom Markwell from New Orleans, who was just arriving in a taxi in Las Ramblas, said: “I heard a crowd screaming. It sounded like they were screaming for a movie star. “I saw the van. It had already been busted on the front. It was weaving left and right, trying to hit people as fast as possible. There were people lying on the ground.”

Aamer Anwar said he was walking down Las Ramblas, which was “jam-packed” with tourists. “All of a sudden, I just sort of heard a crashing noise and the whole street just started to run, screaming. I saw a woman right next to me screaming for her kids,” he said. “Police were very, very quickly there, police officers with guns, batons, everywhere. Then the whole street started getting pushed back. “Police officers who got there just started screaming at people to move back, move back.”

Vehicles have been used to ram into crowds in a series of attacks across Europe since July last year.

Read More

Battle Of Britain Memorial Planes Grounded Due To Engine Issues

Most of the historic aircraft that make up the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (BBMF) have been grounded due to an engine issue.

A Lancaster bomber, two Hurricanes and three Spitfire planes are all affected by the problem. The BBMF has three other Spitfires with different engines which are currently unavailable for other reasons.

The RAF said it had “taken the decision to temporarily pause flying of our aircraft powered by Merlin engines”.

A spokesperson said: “A routine engine inspection has highlighted a fault with one of our Merlin engines. We are currently investigating the fault.”

The decision to halt flying was “purely as a precaution” but safety was “paramount” and the unit was still operating its Griffon-engined Spitfires, they added.

Read More

British Volunteers Fighting Against IS Are A Security Threat To UK

British volunteers fighting against so-called Islamic State in Syria pose a domestic security threat to the UK, a think tank has claimed.

Since 2014, hundreds of people from Western countries, including the UK, have joined Kurdish rebel group YPG.

The Henry Jackson Society claimed the YPG was a front for a terrorist group and warned that those who join it could be drawn into terror activity at home. It said the government urgently needed to stop Britons joining the group.

The Home Office said those who return to the UK after taking part in conflicts in Syria or Iraq should expect to be reviewed by the police.

The Centre for the Response to Radicalisation and Terrorism, at the Henry Jackson Society, said the YPG was a subsidiary of the PKK, a “violent terrorist organisation” banned by the UK and the US.

Read More

Republicans Angry Over Trump Comments

Leading figures in Donald Trump’s Republican party have reacted angrily to his latest comments blaming both sides for the violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday.

They culminated with a person being killed and many injured when a car hit people opposed to a far-right rally.

Many echoed House Speaker Paul Ryan who said: “White supremacy is repulsive.. There can be no moral ambiguity.” Mr Trump had condemned white supremacist groups on Monday. But on Tuesday he reverted to his initial reaction.

The right-wing march had been organised to protest against the proposed removal of a statue of Gen Robert E Lee, who commanded the pro-slavery Confederate forces during the American Civil War. The event drew white supremacy groups.

Read More