Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Moroccan Born Younes Abouyaaqoub Named As Suspect In Barcelona Attack

Spanish police have confirmed the identity of the driver suspected of killing 13 people in last week’s attack in Barcelona.

He is 22-year-old Younes Abouyaaqoub, officials said, and the manhunt has been extended across Europe.

Authorities earlier said they could not rule out the possibility that he had slipped across the border to France.

New CCTV footage from the day of the attack appears to show him fleeing the scene on foot. Three images in El Pais newspaper allegedly show the man walking through La Boqueria market, wearing sunglasses, as he passes other people heading away from Las Ramblas.

Police say they are investigating the possibility that, some 90 minutes later, the suspect stabbed and killed a Spanish man and stole his car.
Read More

Ten US Navy Soldiers Missing After Destroyer Collides With Oil Tanker

Ten US Navy sailors are missing and five have been injured after a US destroyer and an oil tanker collided near Singapore, the Navy says.

The guided missile destroyer USS John S McCain was sailing east of Singapore and preparing to stop in the port when the collision with the Liberian-flagged vessel occurred. A wide-ranging search and rescue operation is under way.

It is the second collision involving a US Navy ship in recent months.

It was reported before dawn at 05:24 local time on Monday (21:24 GMT on Sunday) and took place east of the Strait of Singapore, as the USS John S McCain prepared to perform a routine port stop in Singapore.

Singapore and US authorities said the destroyer sustained damage to her port side, which is the left-hand side of the vessel facing forward.

Read More

Spanish Police Report Bigger Terror Attacks Were Planned

The suspects in the attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils were planning one or more bigger attacks than those that were carried out, police say.

Catalonia’s police chief said blasts in a town south of Barcelona on Wednesday deprived the plotters of bomb material, forcing them to carry out simpler attacks using vehicles to ram crowds.

Police are seeking Moussa Oukabir, thought to be 17, suspected of carrying out Thursday’s Barcelona attack. Thirteen people died in Las Ramblas.

Scores of others were injured as a van driver zig-zagged along the famous tourist street.

Moussa Oukabir is suspected of using his brother’s documents to rent the van that mowed down people on the famous boulevard.

Hours later, police killed five suspected jihadists in a second vehicle attack in the town of Cambrils. A woman injured in that attack died later. Police said the men killed in Cambrils were linked to the Barcelona attack, which the Islamic State (IS) group said it had carried out.

Read More

Man Shot In Leg By Police After Stabbings In Turku, Finland

Police in Finland say they have shot a man who reportedly stabbed several people in the south-western city of Turku.

The man has been taken into custody after being shot in the leg, police say.

Police have warned other attackers may remain at large, and asked people to stay away from the city centre. The incident reportedly took place in the Puutori-Market Square area. One image showed a body on the ground.

Finnish broadcaster YLE said at least two other people had been injured in the incident. Other reports spoke of five or six victims. There has been no official confirmation of casualties.

A tweet from South-West Finland police at 16:40 local time (13:40 GMT) read: “Several people stabbed in central Turku. People are requested to avoid the city centre.”

Read More

US Navy Sailors Face Discipline Over USS Fitzgerald Collision

The US Navy has announced that about a dozen sailors are to be disciplined after seven crew on the USS Fitzgerald were killed in a collision.

The destroyer collided with a Philippines container ship in Japanese waters in June.

The deputy chief of naval operations, Admiral Bill Moran, said the commanding officer and two other senior crew would no longer serve aboard the ship. He said the Navy had lost trust and confidence in their ability to lead.

The Filipino-flagged ACX Crystal collided with the USS Fitzgerald in the early hours of 17 June in Tokyo Bay, causing a large gash below the water line of the destroyer and flooding lower decks.

The dead sailors, aged 19 to 37, were later found in their bunks, after divers gained access to damaged areas of the ship.

The commanding officer was trapped in his cabin by the force of the collision and five sailors had to use a sledgehammer to break down the door.

Read More