Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Consulates And Embassies In Australia Sent Suspicious Packages

Australian police are investigating suspicious packages found at foreign consulates and embassies in Melbourne and Canberra.

Melbourne’s Metropolitan Fire Brigade said it had been called to “a number of incidents” across the city.

Consulates of the UK, Switzerland, the US and Pakistan are among those evacuated there. Some of the packages were reported to contain what appeared to be concrete, and were labelled asbestos. There were no reports of harm to any staff.

“The packages are being examined by attending emergency services. The circumstances are being investigated,” the Australian Federal Police said.

State police in Melbourne said the incidents there were believed to be “targeted and not impacting the general community”. Emergency workers had been seen at consulates belonging to the US, India, Pakistan, Greece, South Korea, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and France according to Australian broadcaster ABC News.

Read More

Fourteen Year Old Stabbed In Targeted Attack

A 14-year-old boy has been stabbed to death by attackers who knocked him off a moped, in what police believe was a targeted attack.

The boy, named locally as Jayden Moody, was found in Bickley Road,Waltham Forest, at 18:30 GMT on Tuesday.

Detectives believe the moped had been involved in a crash with a car, after which three men got out the vehicle, stabbed the teenager and drove off. He died at the scene. No arrests have been made and a cordon is in place.

Jayden is believed to be the youngest victim to die on London’s streets in the past year. There were 132 homicides in 2018, the highest total since 2008. At the scene, a man who said he knew the victim paid tribute to a “wonderful child”.

Solomon, who did not want to give his surname, said he had been in the area since he was told the news last night. “As far as I’m concerned, Jayden was a good child, a loving child. “The system is really letting down the youths.”

Read More

Suspended CBI Chief Reinstated

India’s top court has reinstated a federal investigation agency chief who was suspended after he and his deputy both accused each other of corruption.

The Supreme Court said there was no “provision” for the government to “divest the powers” of Alok Verma of the Central Bureau of Investigation.

Mr Verma and his deputy Rakesh Asthana were both relieved of their duties pending an inquiry after the allegations were made. Mr Verma challenged the decision.

Although it ruled in his favour, the Supreme Court said that Mr Verma could not take “major policy decisions” until the investigation of corruption cases against him was completed.

Mr Asthana too had appealed against his suspension but his challenge is still pending in the Delhi High Court. The ruling is being seen as a setback for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s BJP-led government.

Opposition parties have welcomed the court’s decision – they had accused the government of overreach and interference in the CBI’s internal matters. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal described the verdict as a “direct indictment” of Mr Modi.
The top crime fighting agency, also known as the CBI, is under the administrative control of the federal government and has often been accused of being manipulated by successive ruling parties to settle scores against their opponents.

Read More

American IS Fighters Detained By Syrian Militia

Two American men fighting for the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria have been captured, according to a US-backed Syrian militia alliance.

The Syrian Democratic Forces said on Sunday they had captured Warren Christopher Clark from Houston, Texas, and Zaid Abed al-Hamid during fighting.

According to the alliance, the men were caught planning a terrorist attack on fleeing Syrian civilians. They were arrested along with suspected fighters from Ireland and Pakistan.

Pentagon spokesman Sean Robertson told US media: “We are aware of open source reports of reportedly American citizens currently in custody who were believed to be fighting for Isis. “However, we are unable to confirm this information at this time.”

US officials have previously estimated that the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have more than 700 foreign fighters in custody coming from around 40 different nations.

Read More

Man Appears In Court Charged With Train Stabbing

A man killed on a train in front of his teenage son was stabbed nine times, a court has heard.

Lee Pomeroy, 51, from Guildford, died in the attack on a train near the town on Friday.

Darren Pencille, 35, of no fixed abode, made two separate court appearances on Monday charged with murder and possessing an offensive weapon.He told Staines magistrates: “Innocent until proven guilty,” adding: “I’m paranoid. I’m hearing voices.”

He later appeared at Guildford Crown Court, along with Chelsea Mitchell, 27, from Willbury Road in Farnham, who is accused of assisting an offender by helping Mr Pencille leave the scene and change his appearance.

Both were remanded in custody until their next court appearance on 7 February.

During the first hearing, magistrates were told Mr Pomeroy, an IT consultant, suffered nine stab wounds in the attack in front of his 14-year-old son.

Read More