Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Prison Officer Attacked By Inmate

A prison officer was left unconscious after being attacked by an inmate.

The officer was assaulted overnight at HMP Lindholme, near Doncaster, and later went to hospital, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) confirmed.

Prison staff initially refused to go back on to the wings following the attack and staged a protest in the visitors centre.

The prisoner involved had been segregated, an MoJ spokesman said. Full details of the attack are not yet known but the MoJ confirmed the officer was found unconscious and treated at the prison before receiving hospital treatment.

An investigation had started, it added.

Staff at the Category C jail went back to work following the protest and a meeting with the governor over safety concerns.

Read More

Appeal For One Of UK’s Most Wanted Men Renewed

Detectives in the UK have renewed their appeal to find one of the world’s most wanted men.

Shane O’Brien is a suspect in the murder of 21-year-old Josh Hanson three years ago.

On the third anniversary of her son’s death, his mother Tracey said she “will not let Josh down” as she campaigns to get the suspect’s face known.

Mr Hanson, from London, was stabbed in the neck in a bar in 2015. The Metropolitan Police says Mr O’Brien was flown out of the UK on a privately-chartered plane from Biggin Hill Airport following Mr Hanson’s death.

Detectives describe the 30-year-old, who speaks with a London accent, as “very well-connected and supported”. They believe he is being helped by criminal associates, who are providing him with money, false identifies and the means to move across borders.

Read More

Man Who Planned Bomb Attack On Day Of US Elections Charged

A man who planned to blow himself up in Washington DC on the day of next month’s mid-term elections has been held and charged, US prosecutors say.

They say Paul Rosenfeld, 56, built a 200lb (91kg) explosive device and wanted to detonate it on the National Mall in the capital on 6 November. They say he wanted to draw attention to his belief in “sortition” – a political theory that advocates the random selection of government officials. He could be jailed for 20 years.

Mr Rosenfeld – who waived his right to remain silent – was charged with two counts of manufacturing and transporting explosives on Wednesday, the prosecutors say.

“Had he been successful, Rosenfeld’s alleged plot could have claimed the lives of innocent bystanders and caused untold destruction,” said Assistant Director-in-Charge William Sweeney of the New York Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). “Fortunately, his plans were thwarted by the quick action of a concerned citizen and the diligent work of a host of our law enforcement partners and the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force,” he added.

Read More

al-Shabab Executes Five Men Accused Of Spying

Somali militant group al-Shabab says it has killed five men it accuses of spying – one of them for the UK.

According to a jihadi website, he had admitted giving information to British intelligence services about al-Shabab supporters living in the UK.

The five men, aged between 22 and 36, were shot dead in a public execution on Tuesday in an area under the control of the Islamist group. Another was said to be working for the Somali government. That individual is alleged to have attached a device to a vehicle in an al-Shabab convoy which had then helped American drones to carry out an air strike.

Al-Shabab told Reuters news agency that three of the men were US spies who had helped guide drones to carry out strikes in Somalia.

The UK, US and Somali governments have not yet commented on the reports.

The identity of the alleged British spy has not yet been confirmed, despite earlier reports that he was a British national.

Separately, local police say suspected al-Shabab militants shot dead two non-Muslim teachers at a school compound on Tuesday night in northern Kenya, close to the Somali border.

Read More

Second Skripal Suspect Identified As Decorated Russian Intelligence Officer

The second suspect in the Salisbury poisoning case was a doctor and highly decorated Russian military intelligence officer, an investigative website says.

Bellingcat said it used a combination of online material and leaked documents to identify Alexander Mishkin, 39, as someone linked to the attack in March. It said President Vladimir Putin had presented him with the Hero of the Russian Federation award. When asked about the naming of Mr Mishkin, the Kremlin would not comment.

Last month, Bellingcat named the first suspect as Anatoliy Chepiga, a claim also rejected by Russia.

At a news conference in the Houses of Parliament on Tuesday, Bellingcat investigator Cristo Grozev said Mr Mishkin – like Mr Chepiga – was a member of the GRU and given the celebrated award in the autumn of 2014 for “actions in Ukraine”. He said Mr Mishkin’s grandmother has a photograph, that has “been seen by everybody in the village” of President Putin shaking Mr Mishkin’s hand and giving him the award.

Read More