Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Many Wounded And Killed In Crimea College Attack

At least 17 people have been killed and dozens more wounded in an attack at a college in Russian-annexed Crimea.

Officials initially said an “unidentified explosive device” detonated, but now say all the victims died of gunshot wounds at the technical college in Kerch.

Russian investigators said an 18-year-old student blamed for the attack had killed himself.

Russia seized Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 in a widely criticised move. The annexation followed a disputed vote that was condemned by many Western powers.

The alleged perpetrator of the college attack has been identified as Vladislav Roslyakov, who is said to have opened fire on those in the building. Forty people were injured.

Russia’s RBC TV interviewed a friend who said he “hated the technical school very much”. The incident had initially been described as a “terrorist act”, but Russia’s investigative committee has now reclassified it as “mass murder”.

Read More

British Man Charged With Spying In United Arab Emirates

A British student has been charged with spying for the UK government in the United Arab Emirates.

Matthew Hedges was accused of “spying for and on behalf of a foreign state”, the UAE government said on Monday.

The 31-year-old PhD student at Durham University was arrested on 5 May in Dubai and has reportedly been held in solitary confinement for five months. His wife Daniela Tejada has called on the UK government to deny he was spying for them.

Mr Hedges was detained at Dubai Airport as he was leaving the country following a research trip.

A family spokeswoman said he had been accused of spying for the UK government while in the UAE to interview sources about the country’s foreign policy and security strategy.

In a statement, the UAE government said: “The attorney general of United Arab Emirates confirmed today that Matthew Hedges, a British citizen, has been charged with spying for and on behalf of a foreign state, jeopardizing the military, economy and political security of the UAE.”

Read More

9/11 Accomplice Being Moved From Germany To Morocco

Germany will on Monday deport an accomplice of the 11 September 2001 terror attacks on the United States, Moroccan native Mounir al-Motassadek.

Motassadek has spent almost 15 years in prison for his part in the deaths of passengers aboard the highjacked aeroplanes used in the attacks. He has served almost his entire sentence, and is being sent to Morocco. He has always denied being involved in the 9/11 plot, but admitted to being friends with those who did.

German authorities are transporting him under heavy guard.

Photographs taken on Monday showed Motassadek wearing a blindfold and with his hands bound, being taken from prison by helicopter.

Motassadek was the first person convicted in connection with the 11 September attacks against the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon, in which nearly 3,000 people died.

Read More

Saudi Consulate In Istanbul To Be Searched For Missing Journalist

Turkish officials investigating the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi will search Saudi Arabia’s consulate in Istanbul later on Monday, the Turkish foreign ministry says.

Turkish officials believe Mr Khashoggi was murdered in the consulate by Saudi agents nearly two weeks ago, but Riyadh strongly denies this. Diplomatic pressure is growing on the Saudis to give a fuller explanation.

On Monday, Saudi Arabia’s King Salman ordered an investigation into the case. “The king has ordered the public prosecutor to open an internal investigation into the Khashoggi matter based on the information from the joint team in Istanbul,” an official quoted by Reuters news agency said.

The official said the prosecutor had been instructed to work quickly.

Last week, Turkey accepted a Saudi proposal to form a joint working group to investigate Mr Khashoggi’s disappearance.

Read More

Incident At Cologne Railway Station Under Control

German police say they now have an armed assailant at Cologne’s main railway station “under control” and the woman he took hostage is receiving medical treatment.

She had minor injuries from the incident but he is reported to have serious injuries. There was a full evacuation of the station, one of Germany’s biggest transport hubs.

Local media say the incident does not appear to have been terror-related.

Earlier there were unconfirmed reports of shots being fired.

Police quoted by the Koelner Stadt-Anzeiger daily said a couple were involved, and the man had argued with the woman in a McDonald’s restaurant, before holding her in a pharmacy at the station.

Reports speak of at least one explosion during the incident. Deutsche Bahn cancelled or delayed train services in Cologne during the stand-off.