Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Texas Shooting Latest

The US Air Force has said it is investigating its apparent failure to enter information about Texas gunman Devin Patrick Kelley’s criminal history into the national database.

Ex-airman Kelley was court-martialled for domestic violence in 2012, and was barred from owning or buying guns. But last year he was able to purchase a rifle he used in Sunday’s attack on a small church outside San Antonio. He killed 26 people and fled the scene. He was later found dead in his car.

Police said he died from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound after being chased by armed bystanders.

Kelley was also shot in his leg and torso by a citizen, the regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, Freeman Martin, was quoted as saying by the Associated Press.

In a statement, the Air Force said: “Initial information indicates that [Devin] Kelley’s domestic violence offense was not entered into the National Criminal Information Center database by the Holloman Air Force Base Office of Special Investigations.” It said it was now – together with the Department of Defense – investigating the handling of Kelley’s criminal records.

Read More

WWII Bomb Found To Be A Courgette

A German pensioner feared a monster courgette he found in his garden was an unexploded World War Two bomb and called the police.

The 5kg (11-pound) courgette had probably been thrown over a hedge into the 81 year old’s garden, police said.

Luckily no evacuation was required in Bretten, a town near Karlsruhe in south-west Germany.

The 40cm (16-inch) vegetable – also called zucchini – “really did look like a bomb”, police said.

Once police had reassured him following the early morning call-out, the pensioner disposed of the courgette himself.

Many unexploded bombs dropped by the British RAF or US Air Force have been unearthed in Germany, usually during construction work.

On 3 September 65,000 people were evacuated from their homes in Frankfurt, so that a 1.4-tonne British bomb could be defused. It was the biggest evacuation in post-war German history for an unexploded bomb alert.

Delivery Driver Subjected To Repeated Acid Attack

A delivery driver “left fighting for his life” after an acid attack in east London could lose his sight.

The 32-year-old had a substance repeatedly thrown in his face by two men who tried to steal his moped in Walthamstow on Thursday at 18:00 GMT.

In a separate attack in Tottenham about 30 minutes later, another delivery driver, also 32, had a corrosive substance thrown at him.

A teenage boy has been arrested over the attack in Walthamstow. He is being held on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm and is in custody at an east London police station, the Met said. The Met said it was investigating whether both attacks were linked.

Detectives said the first victim, who was attacked on Walpole Street, was likely to lose sight in both eyes. “This attack has left a man fighting for his life and with terrible eye injuries,” Det Ch Insp Gordon Henderson said. “This was an innocent man going about his work as a delivery driver, who may never see again.”

In the second attack, two men approached the victim on Yarmouth Crescent, Tottenham, in a bid to steal his moped. He was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

CIA Reveal Osama Bin Laden’s Computer Files

Osama Bin Laden’s personal diary, video of his son Hamza’s wedding and documentaries about himself were among files found on the al-Qaeda leader’s computer, the CIA has revealed.

Nearly half a million of the files have been released, the fourth such tranche.

Bin Laden’s computer was taken during the 2011 US raid in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad in which he died.

Some contents are being withheld over security or because they are corrupted or pornographic, the CIA said.

CIA director Mike Pompeo said the release included 18,000 documents, 79,000 audio files and images and more than 10,000 videos which shed light on the “plans and workings of this terrorist organisation”.

The videos include a clip from the wedding of his son Hamza – thought to be his favourite son. Hamza has been mooted as a future al-Qaeda leader. Analysis of objects shown in the video suggest it was filmed in Iran. Previously only childhood videos of Hamza had been publicly seen.

Read More

Charges Brought Against Two Men For The Deaths Of Three Soldiers

Two men have been charged with negligence over the deaths of three soldiers during an SAS selection march in the Brecon Beacons.

L/Cpl Edward Maher, L/Cpl Craig Roberts and Cpl James Dunsby were taking part in a 16-mile recruitment exercise on the hottest day of 2013.

The Service Prosecution Authority confirmed charges had been brought. The case will be heard in a military court and the maximum sentence is two years detention.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: “Any decision to prosecute any personnel, veteran or serving, is made by the Service Prosecution Authority (SPA), an independent body.”

L/Cpl Roberts, 24, from Penrhyn Bay, Conwy county, and L/Cpl Maher, 31 of Winchester, died on the exercise in July, while Cpl Dunsby, 31, from Wiltshire, was taken to hospital and died 17 days later.

All had suffered from hyperthermia, where the body no longer controls core temperature. Initially, the SPA decided charges were not going to be directed against the pair, but relatives of the soldiers who died asked for the case to be reviewed.