A passenger who called in a bomb hoax in order to delay his flight has been jailed.
Jacob Meir Abdellak rang police eight minutes before the plane was due to leave Gatwick Airport for Los Angeles on 11 May.
The phone number used to make the call was the same one Abdellak used to book his flight, Sussex Police said. He admitted a false information charge at Lewes Crown Court on Tuesday and was sentenced to 10 months.
Abdellak, from Hackney in east London, made the anonymous call at 05:47 BST, delaying take-off by 90 minutes.
Inquiries revealed the 47-year-old had been abusive towards airline employees when they did not allow him to board as a result of being late for the flight.
He was told to return on another date to rearrange his flight, the force said.