Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Execution Of Indian Spy Blocked By Top UN Court

A top UN court has ordered Pakistan not to execute a former Indian navy officer convicted on charges of spying until it has had time to hear a case brought by India.
India has argued in the International Court of Justice that Pakistan violated international laws by not allowing it access to Kulbhushan Sudhir Jadhav.

Mr Jadhav was arrested in Balochistan in March 2016 and convicted last month. India denies Mr Jadhav is a spy, and Pakistan denies kidnapping him.

Sitting in The Hague, the court rejected Pakistan’s argument that it did not have jurisdiction over the case, and said it would hear the case and seek arguments from both sides. “It is appropriate for the court to order that Pakistan take all measures at its disposal to ensure Mr Jadhav is not executed before this court has given its final decision,” court president Ronny Abraham said on Thursday. “India has the right to seek consular access for Jadhav,” he added.

Read More

Mass Prison Breakout In DR Congo

More than 3,000 prisoners are believed to have escaped the main prison in Democratic Republic of Congo, security sources report.

The authorities say only around 50 prisoners got away when armed men attacked the prison on Wednesday.

The security sources also said dozens of people were killed during the attack on Makala prison. Ne Muanda Nsemi, leader of the political-religious sect Bundu Dia Kongo, is among those who escaped.

A police spokesperson told a local radio station, Radio Okapi, that the prisoners were dangerous, and called for anyone who saw them to tell the authorities. The authorities accuse supporters of Mr Nsemi’s supporters of being behind the attack. Mr Nsemi is a self-styled prophet seeking to revive the ancient Kongo kingdom.

Read More

Suspect Arrested Over PC Fletcher Shooting Released Without Charge

A man arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder PC Yvonne Fletcher three decades ago has been released without charge.

The officer died in April 1984 after shots were fired from the Libyan Embassy in London at a protest outside.

A man in his 50s, arrested in November 2015, was released from police bail on Tuesday due to “insufficient admissible evidence”, Scotland Yard said. PC Fletcher’s family said they were “deeply disappointed and frustrated”.

The Met said its investigation had identified enough material to identify those responsible for Fletcher’s murder if it could be presented to a court. “However the key material has not been made available for use in court in evidential form for reasons of national security,” a spokesman said. “Therefore, without this material and following a review of all the evidence that was available to prosecutors, the Crown Prosecution Service – who we worked closely with throughout – have informed us that there is insufficient admissible evidence to charge the man.”

Read More

UN Begin Syria Peace Talks In Geneva

The United Nations has convened a new round of indirect Syrian peace talks in Geneva, despite President Bashar al-Assad dismissing them as irrelevant.

The government and opposition have agreed to discuss four “baskets” – a political transition, new constitution, elections and combating terrorism.

Mr Assad has said “nothing substantial” will come out of the talks. But UN envoy Staffan de Mistura insists that the government’s 18-strong delegation is in Switzerland “to work”.

Five previous rounds of negotiations have made little progress towards a political solution to the six-year civil war, which has left more than 300,000 people dead.

Mr de Mistura met the government’s chief representative, Bashar al-Jaafari, at UN headquarters on Tuesday morning as the sixth round of talks got under way.

Later, the UN envoy will see Nasr al-Hariri and Mohammad Sabra of the main umbrella group representing political and armed opposition factions, the High Negotiations Committee (HNC). Meanwhile, officials from the Syrian government denied accusations that a prison crematorium was being used to hide mass killings of political prisoners.

In a statement carried by the Syrian Arab News Agency (Sana), the country’s foreign ministry said the accusations – made on Monday by the US state department – were “a new Hollywood story” and “totally baseless”.

An anonymous source quoted in the statement accused the US government of making the allegations up to justify US aggression in Syria.

Read More

North Korea May Be Linked To Ransomeware

Who was behind the huge global cyber-attack? One prominent theory right now is North Korea – but what we know is far from conclusive.

You may not have heard of the Lazarus Group, but you may be aware of its work. The devastating hack on Sony Pictures in 2014, and another on a Bangladeshi bank in 2016, have both been attributed to the highly sophisticated group.

It is widely believed that the Lazarus Group worked out of China, but on behalf of the North Koreans.

Security experts are now cautiously linking the Lazarus Group to this latest attack after a discovery by Google security researcher Neel Mehta. He found similarities between code found within WannaCry – the software used in the hack – and other tools believed to have been created by the Lazarus Group in the past. It’s a mere sliver of evidence, but there are other clues to consider too.

Read More