Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Election Win For Donald Trump Sees Wave Of Protests

Thousands of demonstrators have taken to the streets of several US cities to protest against the election of Donald Trump.

Many shouted the slogan “Not my president”. Others burned orange-haired effigies of the businessman.

Mr Trump will become the 45th US president after securing a surprise victory over Hillary Clinton. He is due to meet current White House incumbent Barack Obama for talks aimed at ensuring a smooth transition. Mr Obama – who had branded Mr Trump “unfit” for office and campaigned against him – urged all Americans to accept the result of Tuesday’s election. “We are now all rooting for his success in uniting and leading the country,” he said.

Defeated Mrs Clinton also told supporters Mr Trump had to be given a “chance to lead”.

Despite their calls, protesters gathered in several cities across the country.

Read More

German Police Raid Sees Five Arrested With Links To IS

Five people linked to the so-called Islamic State (IS) group have been arrested in co-ordinated raids in Germany, including a senior Islamist figure, reports say.

Flats were raided in northern and western Germany and a mosque was searched near Hanover. Among those arrested was an Iraqi who goes by the alias Abu Walaa, or “the preacher without a face”.

Germany’s NDR TV has identified him as Ahmad Abdelazziz A.

The raids came as a result of information from a 22-year-old jihadist who spent several months with IS in Syria before fleeing to Turkey, it said. Before returning to Germany in late September, the man, named Anil O, gave an interview in which he referred to Abu Walaa as “IS’s number one in Germany”.

Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said the arrests were an “important success” and showed that security services were alert and active. All five men held are suspected of recruiting jihadists for IS and providing help for their journey to the conflict zone. They deny any link to terrorism. The mosque in Hildesheim at the centre of Tuesday’s police raids has been highlighted by authorities before as heavily involved in radical Salafist Islam.

Abu Walaa, who was arrested just outside Hildesheim, became known as “the preacher without a face” because of a series of internet videos in which he appeared clothed in black with his back to the camera.

Prosecutors said it was his task to sanction and organise jihad, and his network was clearly behind the departure of one young man and his family to Syria. The others arrested included a 50-year-old Turk, a man of 36 with German and Serb nationality and two men in their twenties from Germany and Cameroon.

Last week, police in Berlin arrested a Syrian man on suspicion of receiving instructions from IS to carry out an attack in Germany.

Belgian Jihadist Oussama Atar Believed To Have Organised Deadly Attacks

A Belgian-Moroccan jihadist operating in Syria is believed to have organised the deadly attacks on Paris and Brussels, sources say.

For months intelligence teams have been trying to identify a man known as Abou Ahmad, involved in recruiting a number of Islamist militants for attacks across Europe. They now believe they have identified him as Oussama Ahmad Atar. He is linked to bombers who targeted Paris in 2015 and Brussels in March.

Jihadist gunmen and bombers murdered 130 people on 13 November last year, in a series of almost simultaneous attacks in the heart of Paris. Bomb attacks at Brussels airport and on the city’s metro claimed 32 lives on 22 March.

One source told Belgian media that Oussama Atar was the only ringleader in Syria to have been identified in both inquiries.

Who Is Oussama Atar?

A distant cousin of two of the Brussels bombers, Oussama Atar has for years been known to Belgian authorities. He first travelled to Syria in 2002 and then went back in 2004 before travelling to Iraq, where he was arrested for crossing the border illegally and jailed in 2005 for 10 years.

Read More

British Banker Guilty Of Murder In Hong Kong

British banker Rurik Jutting has been found guilty of murdering two Indonesian women in Hong Kong, in a case that has gripped the city.

A jury took around four hours to find an expressionless Jutting, who denied murder but admitted manslaughter, guilty on both counts. He was sentenced to life in prison for the killings of Sumarti Ningsih and Seneng Mujiasih. Their mutilated bodies were found in Jutting’s apartment in November 2014.

Murder carries a mandatory life sentence in Hong Kong. The women murdered by Jutting and forgotten at home

In a statement read out by his lawyer, Jutting expressed remorse for the killings and accepted his actions were “horrific”. “I remain haunted daily both by memory of my actions… and by knowledge of the acute pain I have caused their loved ones, not least Ningsih’s young son,” he said. “The evil I have [done] cannot be remedied by me in words or actions. Nevertheless, for whatever it may be worth, to Ningsih’s family and friends, and Mujiasih’s family and friends, I am sorry, I am sorry beyond words.”

But Deputy High Court Judge Michael Stuart-Moore, who noted the trial had been “made to dredge into depths of depravity” over Jutting’s actions, said he did not accept the apology as he sentenced him to life in prison.

Read More

Mass Grave Discovered As Forces Advance Towards Mosul

Iraqi forensic experts are investigating a mass grave that was discovered by troops advancing towards the Islamic State-held city of Mosul.

The Iraqi military has said the grave, in the grounds of an agricultural college in the town of Hamam al-Alil, contains about 100 decapitated bodies. Most have been reduced to skeletons, so it is unclear who the victims were.

IS militants have carried out many mass killings and have been accused of fresh atrocities in the area in recent weeks. They are being forced to retreat to Mosul, the last major IS urban stronghold in Iraq, in an offensive by pro-government forces that began on 17 October.

Iraqi troops found the mass grave after noticing a strong smell while advancing into the town, about 30km (19 miles) south of Mosul, on Monday.

It was not immediately known if the victims were security forces personnel or civilians. But video footage from the Associated Press showed a soldier holding up a child’s stuffed animal found at the grave.

Read More