Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

MI5 Files Reveal D-Day Operations Almost Compromised

A row between a spy and his wife almost compromised World War Two D-Day operations, secret MI5 files show.

Juan PujolJuan Pujol, who was codenamed Agent Garbo, had helped to convince the Nazis the landings would not take place in Normandy but in the Pas-de-Calais. But after being confined to their London house to protect his identity, his wife threatened to go to the Spanish embassy in a row in June 1943. She said she would tell all unless she was allowed to visit her mother.

Homesick

The family was based in Harrow, north-west London, where Agent Garbo had a network of sub-agents sending false intelligence reports to his German spymasters. His feedback of false information to the Nazis diverted them away from the scene of the actual D-Day landings on 6 June 1944.

Mrs Pujol not only struggled to cope with the pressure of the family’s double life but also became homesick. She was missing Spanish food and became upset at her husband being absent so often. Fears that the Pujol family would be recognised on the streets of London, led to Mrs Pujol being frustrated at the restrictions imposed on her and their two children.

Read More

Dutch-Led Prosecutors Claim Missile That Crashed Flight MH17 Came From Russia

International prosecutors investigating the downing of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014 say the missile that hit the plane was fired from territory controlled by Russian-MH17 Flight backed rebels.

They said the missile launcher was brought into Ukraine from Russia.

All 298 people on board the Boeing 777 died when it broke apart in midair flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

Relatives told that prosecutors said they would investigate about 100 people over the incident. “They told us how the Buk was transported [and] how they came to that evidence from phone taps, photo, film material, video,” Robby Oehler, whose niece was killed in the crash.

Russia has disputed claims that the missile was fired by rebels in eastern Ukraine.

Read More

20 Year Old In Custody For Shopping Mall Shootings Confesses

Prosecutors in the US state of Washington say a 20-year-old man in custody has confessed to going on a murderous rampage in a shopping centre, which left five people dead.

WashingtonArcan Cetin was arrested in his hometown Oak Harbor on Saturday, nearly 24 hours after the attack in Burlington, 40 minutes’ drive away. He was born in Turkey and is a legal US permanent resident, officials say.

Investigators say they are not ruling out any motives, including terrorism. Cetin’s stepfather says he has a history of mental health issues.

According to the Associated Press, Cetin’s postings online included references to a serial killer and Adolf Hitler, as well as pictures of so-called Islamic State’s leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and the Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khomenei.

Five people – a teenage girl, three women and a man – were killed inside Macy’s department store at Cascade Mall on Friday. Court documents filed by prosecutors allege that Cetin confessed to shooting all five victims with a rifle. Police said in court papers that all five victims were shot within a minute and the rifle was left on a cosmetics counter before the gunman fled.

Read More

Men Appear In Court After Discovery Of Home Made Bomb

Four men are due to appear at Craigavon Magistrates Court later charged over an armour-piercing mortar found during searches in Lurgan.

Home Made BombThe men were arrested last week by police investigating dissident republican activity in the area. Three, aged 22, 24 and 46, are charged with targeting a former member of the security forces in the Craigavon area. The fourth, aged 22, is charged with the attempted murder of police officers and possessing explosives with intent.

Police recovered an armour-piercing mortar during searches in Lurgan.

A 22-year-old man arrested last Thursday as part of the same investigation was released unconditionally over the weekend.

Police, who described the device as “potentially lethal”, said it had been recovered during a large-scale police operation. Assistant Chief Constable Will Kerr said: “We are relieved and delighted to have taken an extremely dangerous explosive device out of circulation. “Our experience of these devices in Northern Ireland has been that they have been used to try to kill police officers.”

ACC Kerr said the device had been located in a derelict house in a residential area close to people’s homes. “Those responsible have absolutely no regard for the local community, or indeed any community,” he said. “I would also like to thank the local community for their patience and understanding during the disruption of search activity in recent days. Our primary aim has been community safety.”

Third Mexican Catholic Priest Found Dead In One Week

A Roman Catholic priest who was kidnapped in western Mexico a week ago has been found shot dead.

Mexican ChurchThe body of Jose Alfredo Lopez Guillen was found late on Saturday near the town of Puruandiro in Michoacan state, prosecutors said.
He is the third priest to be found murdered in Mexico in the past week.

Father Lopez Guillen had been robbed before being abducted from his home last Monday in Janamuato, Michoacan state, Church officials said. The Michoacan prosecutor’s office said a post-mortem examination showed the priest had been killed several days before his body was found.

On the same day that he disappeared, the bodies of two other priests who had vanished the day before were found by a roadside in Veracruz, on Mexico’s east coast. They had also been shot dead. It is not believed their deaths are linked to that of Father Lopez Guillen.

His death brings the number of priests murdered in Mexico since 2012 to 15, according to figures from the Catholic Multimedia Center, which monitors violence against clerics. Veracruz and Michoacan have been plagued by years of violence from drug cartels and other organised crime.

vulputate, porta. suscipit Sed risus. ipsum