Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Several People Dead Across Ohio

A number of people have been found dead across multiple crime scenes in Ohio.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office could not provide the number of dead or how they were killed.

More than a dozen officials from multiple state agencies are currently en route to crime scenes in Piketon, Ohio, south of Columbus. Officials are not aware of arrests or an “active shooter” situation, said Dan Tierney, spokesman for the Ohio Attorney General.

Local media are reporting that seven people have died, according to a local pastor speaking to reporters.

Local schools Peebles Elementary and Peebles High School are on “lockout” – no-one goes in or out – due to the ongoing situation in Piketon, a spokesperson for Adams County Ohio Valley Schools said.

The FBI in Cincinnati tweeted that they are “closely monitoring the situation in Pike County”. Ohio Governor John Kasich and Republican presidential candidate tweeted that the situation is “tragic beyond comprehension”.

Mali Hotel Attacks – Suspect Arrested

Authorities in Mali say they have arrested a Mauritanian man suspected of masterminding deadly attacks on hotels in the country last year.

Fawaz Ould Ahmeida is accused of planning, among others, the November attack on the Radisson Blu hotel in the capital Bamako that left 20 dead. Security services said he had been plotting to carry out attacks on Western targets in Bamako this weekend. They said he was a member of the al-Murabitoun jihadist group.

Al-Murabitoun, an affiliate of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Magreb (AQIM), has said it carried out the Radisson Blu attack.

Found With Weapons

Security officials accuse Mr Ould Ahmeida of being involved in an attack on the Terrace bar and restaurant in Bamako in March 2015, in which five people died. As well as the Radisson Blu attack, they say he is also believed to have planned the siege of the Byblos hotel in central Mali in August, in which 13 people died. And he has been linked to an attack last month on the Azalai Nord-Sud hotel in Bamako, where the EU mission is based.

He was detained on Thursday in a Bamako suburb, allegedly with a large number of weapons and explosives in his possession. Malian special forces said in November that they had arrested two suspects in connection with the Radisson Blu attack.

Two armed men held 170 guests and staff hostage at the hotel during the nine-hour siege, killing 20 and wounding 14 before police stormed the building.

British Students Inspired By IS To Kill Police And Soldiers Jailed

Two British students have been jailed for life for plotting to kill police or soldiers in a shooting inspired by so-called Islamic State.

Tarik Hassane, 22, of west London, will serve a minimum of 21 years after admitting conspiracy to murder and preparation of acts of terrorism. Suhaib Majeed, 22, of west London, was convicted of the same charges and will serve a minimum of 20 years.

Two other men who provided a gun were also imprisoned for firearms offences. Nyall Hamlett, 25, and Nathan Cuffy, 26, had admitted their role in handing over a gun to Majeed and Hassane, but denied knowing what it was going to be used for.

Hamlett was today jailed for six-and-a-half years and Cuffy for 11 years. They were cleared of conspiracy to murder and preparing terrorist acts.

During the sentencing at the Old Bailey, Mr Justice Wilkie said it was “shocking, tragic and deplorable” that Hassane and Majeed, “educated through the UK school system, undertaking university courses, should be so influenced by the bloodthirsty version of Islam presented by IS”. “You decided to take up arms against your fellow British citizens and those charged with protecting them, in the streets of your own city,” he said.

The trial heard that Hassane, a medical student who split his time between London and university in Sudan, was immersed in extremist ideology and aspired to kill in London months before the IS group urged supporters in the West to carry out such attacks.

He turned to his childhood friend, Majeed – a physics undergraduate – to help him put the plan into action, with the pair communicating secretly through social media apps. Majeed agreed to get a gun and moped for what would be a drive-by attack, the court heard. Hamlett, a known criminal, supplied the weapon to Majeed after first acquiring it from Cuffy. Soon afterwards the men were arrested. They had been under surveillance by the police and MI5.

Five Arrested On Terror Charges In Europe At Gatwick Airport

Five people have been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences as part of an investigation launched after the recent attacks in Paris and Brussels, West Midlands Police say.

Three men, aged 26, 40 and 59, and a 29-year-old woman, were arrested in Birmingham on Thursday night. A fourth man, 26, was arrested at Gatwick Airport in the early hours of Friday. All five are from Birmingham.

Whitehall officials described the arrests as “significant”. Police say they worked with MI5 and Belgian and French authorities in an operation “to address any associated threat to the UK following the attacks in Europe”. They said there was no risk to the public at any time and they had no information to suggest an attack in the UK was being planned.

It is understood that the 26-year-old man arrested at Gatwick Airport had just arrived on a flight into the UK. It is thought the flight originated from North Africa. Police said all those arrested are being held in the West Midlands on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
Officers are also searching a number of properties in Birmingham.

Read More

Former SAS Soldier Jailed For Possessing Arms & Ammunition

A former SAS soldier has been jailed for possessing weapons and ammunition.

A 9mm self-loading pistol, ammunition, four Enfield pistols and a rifle component were found at Albert Patterson’s house in Hereford, the Hereford Times reported. The 65-year-old was jailed for 15 months at the city’s Crown Court.

He had already admitted three firearms offences, possessing prohibited ammunition and possessing ammunition without a certificate.

West Mercia Police said Patterson was arrested in January last year and charged in December. Two charges of possessing a prohibited weapon and a second charge of possessing ammunition without a certificate will remain on file following Wednesday’s hearing.

Former SAS soldier Lofty Wiseman who helped train Patterson, described him as a “good lad” who had been naive. “He broke the law unfortunately. He had to get punished,” he said. “If he wanted a weapon as a keepsake, you could have had it de-activated, but by having a weapon, a serviceable weapon and ammunition, I think it’s the ammunition that’s really been the nail in the coffin. “If you have a weapon in a house with ammunition, there’s always that temptation… you can never say you’re going to use it but different circumstances, state of mind, if it’s there, it can be used so that’s where you must have laws.”