Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Kim Jong-un Reports Nuclear Weapons Should Be Ready At All Times

Kim Jong-un has said North Korea’s nuclear weapons should be ready for use “at any time”, state media report.

He told military leaders North Korea would revise its military posture to be ready to launch pre-emptive strikes, the Korean Central News Agency said. But despite its rhetoric it remains unclear how advanced the North’s nuclear weapons programme is. The UN has imposed some of its toughest ever sanctions on the North following its nuclear test and missile launch.

In response on Thursday, the North fired six short-range projectiles into the sea.

KCNA said Mr Kim was speaking at a military exercise on Thursday, which is thought to be when the projectiles were fired. He said North Korea “must always be ready to fire our nuclear warheads at any time” because enemies were threatening the North’s survival. “At an extreme time when the Americans… are urging war and disaster on other countries and people, the only way to defend our sovereignty and right to live is to bolster our nuclear capability,” he was quoted as saying.

Analysts still doubt whether North Korea has the ability to make a nuclear bomb small enough to put on a feasible missile, but Kim Jong-un’s announcement brought a swift response from the US. “We urge North Korea to refrain from provocative actions that aggravate tensions and instead focus on fulfilling its international obligations and commitments,” Pentagon spokesman Commander Bill Urban said.

The US and South Korea began talks on Friday on the possible deployment of a US missile defence shield in the South. Initial talks will focus on the costs, effectiveness and environmental impact of installing the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, among other issues, the Yonhap news agency reported.

Read More

IS Attacks Foiled In Jordan

Jordan says a raid in the city of Irbid that left seven suspected jihadist militants dead foiled attacks being plotted by so-called Islamic State.

Those killed were planning to blow up civilian and military targets in the country, according to the General Intelligence Directorate (GID). A security officer was also killed and five were injured during the overnight raid, which triggered armed clashes.

Jordan is part of a US-led coalition battling IS fighters in Syria and Iraq. It launched air strikes on IS positions in Syria in 2014 to ensure the “stability and security” of its borders, and has stepped up a crackdown on suspected IS sympathisers inside the kingdom.

Last year, Jordan executed two convicted jihadists following the killing of a Jordanian pilot who was captured by IS militants after his jet crashed in Syria.

The operation in Irbid, which is 20km (12 miles) from the Syrian border, was reportedly one of the largest targeting suspected jihadists in years. Government spokesman Mohammad Momani told the public security department’s Amen radio station that the raid started at around 19:00 (17:00 GMT) on Tuesday and lasted until 03:00 on Wednesday, according to the Jordan Times newspaper.

Read More

MoD Criticised Over Deaths Of Three Soldiers

The Ministry of Defence is to be reprimanded over the deaths of three soldiers on an SAS training exercise in the Brecon Beacons.

L/Cpl Edward Maher, L/Cpl Craig Roberts and Cpl James Dunsby died as a result of neglect on the 16-mile march in 2013. The Health and Safety Executive said the MoD would be censured – the highest action the HSE can take.

The MoD “acknowledged” the censure and apologised for failings. A censure means that if it were not for crown immunity, the MoD would have faced prosecution.

The Brecon Beacons march was held on one of 2013’s hottest days.

Cpl Dunsby, from Trowbridge, Wiltshire, L/Cpl Roberts, from Penrhyn Bay, Conwy, and L/Cpl Maher, of Winchester, Hampshire, were on course to complete the training within the allocated time but were found in three separate locations at different times. All three soldiers suffered the effects of hyperthermia.

The HSE investigation found the MoD failed to plan, assess, and manage risks associated with climatic illness during the training in July 2013.

Read More

The Story Of Dave McKelvey Ex Head Of Crime Squad In Newham

Dave McKelvey, head of the crime squad in Newham, east London, vividly recalls the moment he believed a contract had been taken out to kill him and two of his officers.

“I remember literally going cold, a moment of sheer terror. Then a sort of controlled panic sets in,” he says. It was 2007 and Detective Chief Inspector McKelvey had spent the best part of his 25-year career with the Metropolitan police fighting organised crime in north and east London. As McKelvey was interviewing a petty criminal, information was offered up that a well-known hitman had been contracted for £1m to kill three police officers.

This was not the first time officers had received intelligence that a huge contract had been taken out against individuals on their patch. But they had no idea who the targets were, or when the killings would happen. Now Dave McKelvey was being told that an assassin with a sub-machine gun had been sitting in a car outside McKelvey’s police station in Stratford for two weeks. The hitman was waiting for his chance to follow a particular car – one McKelvey believed belonged to an officer on his crime team.

“I immediately left and put a phone call in to his supervisor, who I knew was with him, and just said get him out.” And the other two targets? “It was clear one of them was me,” he says.
Read More

IS Claim Bombing At Shia Funeral In Iraq

At least 38 people have been killed by a suicide bomb at a Shia funeral north-east of Iraq’s capital, officials say.

Another 58 people were injured in the blast in Muqdadiya, Diyala province, some 80km (50 miles) from Baghdad.

Several leading figures in the Shia-dominated Popular Mobilisation Forces were among the victims. The so-called Islamic State (IS) said it organised the bombing – a day its militants killed at least 70 in a Shia area of Baghdad.

Diyala security officials said two Shia commanders attending the funeral were targeted and killed in Monday’s attack, Reuters reports.
The officials said the bomber approached the commanders and blew up his explosive-laden vest.

IS said earlier that its militants had organised Sunday’s blasts in the Shia district of Sadr City and more attacks would follow. The mainly Sunni group, which controls large swathes of northern and western Iraq, has attacked numerous Shia targets in the country recently.