Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Surrey Pool Party Leaves One Dead & Two Injured

One man has been killed and two people injured in a shooting at a pool party in Surrey.

The man in his 30s was found with a gunshot wound at an address in Headley, near Epsom, shortly after 02:30 BST, police said. A woman was shot in the leg and taken to hospital while another man was treated for minor shoulder wounds.

Police said the victims had been visitors at a large party at a house in the village.

Partying Hard

An advert for a “Big Mansion Pool Party” at a “Posh Location in the Hills” was posted on Instagram. Mole Valley District Council confirmed it issued a temporary event notice for a private garden party at The Bungalow after it received no objections from Surrey Police or environmental health.

The event was licensed from 14:00 on Sunday to 04:00 on Monday and covered sale of alcohol, provision of regulated entertainment and provision of late-night refreshment. Neighbours said the house on Church Lane had been rented out for parties before.

Julie Ho-a-shoo, who runs the Headley village shop, said she noticed a knife on the edge of the road and alerted police. She said there was loud music until about 02:30. “They were partying really hard and loud. There was complete devastation. It looks like everyone had used our front drive as a toilet.”

Parish councillor David Preedy said the house had been rented out for a noisy party last year and alerted police when he heard a “repeat was being organised”. “I walked up at 8pm and there were people assembling. They weren’t people from the community. I could hear music was being played but I couldn’t see much as the place has an enclosed garden. “I called the police and asked them to patrol and make organisers know they should be considerate neighbours. “I am sure people will be shocked and very worried.”

A woman who lives nearby said she was going to bed when she heard a commotion outside. “I looked out of the window and cars were trying to park everywhere, then lots of people sort of getting out and they were drinking. “I heard bottles and I heard some smashing of glass, I think a windscreen must have broken and then it went on and on. “Nothing goes on here usually.”

A police spokesman said the man who died was discovered by police and ambulance crews. A post-mortem examination is due to take place.