Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Kim Jong-un Pledges To Close Missile Site

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has agreed to shut one of the country’s main missile testing and launch sites.

He signed a pledge to permanently close the Tongchang-ri facility, after talks in Pyongyang with his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in. Both leaders also «agreed on a way to achieve denuclearisation» on the Korean peninsula, Mr Moon said.

Mr Kim said he hoped to «visit Seoul in the near future» — he would be the first North Korean leader to do so.

China has welcomed the outcome of the inter-Korean summit, saying both sides had found «new and important common ground».

The main focus of the summit was the issue of denuclearisation. While the US and North Korea agreed in broad terms earlier this year to work towards that goal, negotiations have stalled. Pyongyang has now sought to reconfirm its commitment.

Read More

Israel Says Assad Regime Is Responsible For Russian Aircraft Crash

Israel says Syria is to blame for the deaths of 15 Russian aircrew shot down by Syrian forces after Israel launched an air raid on the city of Latakia.

Israel «expressed sorrow» for the deaths but blamed «extensive and inaccurate» Syrian anti-aircraft fire.

The Il-20 plane was downed over the Mediterranean Sea on Monday evening.

Russia initially blamed «irresponsible» Israeli actions, but President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday it was «a chain of tragic accidental circumstances». Russia is supporting President Bashar al-Assad in Syria’s civil war.

In a rare statement detailing its operations over Syria, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said: «Israel expresses sorrow for the deaths of the aircrew members of the Russian plane that was downed due to Syrian anti-aircraft fire.

«Israel holds the Assad regime, whose military shot down the Russian plane, fully responsible for this incident.» The statement also laid blame on Iran and the Lebanese Shia militant group, Hezbollah, two other allies of the Syrian government.

Read More

Five Hurt In Prison Disturbance

Five prison staff were treated in hospital after a «major disturbance» at HMP Bedford, the Prison Officers’ Association (POA) has said.

It said «riot squads, with the support of dog sections and local staff, regained control» after violence broke out on Sunday morning.

The Ministry of Justice confirmed that «staff successfully resolved an incident» at the prison. However, it rejected the claim that «riot squads» were deployed.

The department said there was no threat to the wider public. It has not commented on whether prison staff were injured. However, prisons minister Rory Stewart said: «We do not tolerate violence against our staff — that’s why only this week we doubled sentences for those who assault them and why we will seek the prosecution of all those found to be involved in this incident.»

Read More

Luton Fight Leaves Seven Injured

Seven people are being treated in hospital — one of whom is in a critical condition — after a brawl in Luton.

Police were called after reports of a «large number of individuals fighting» in Saxon Road in the town at about 17:00 BST on Sunday.

In a post on Twitter, the Bedfordshire force said there had been «reports of stab wounds».

A cordon is in place at the scene and witnesses are being asked to come forward.

One man who lives nearby said: «I know that one guy got stabbed and I think it was gang-affiliation.

«Some people got hurt really badly after four people got into a fight and it was just craziness.»

Inquest Into Westminster Attack Hear Witness Accounts

«Distressing» and «vivid» footage of the moment PC Keith Palmer was stabbed outside Parliament during last year’s Westminster attack has been shown to an inquest into the victims’ deaths.

Khalid Masood killed the unarmed officer after driving into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge on 22 March 2017. Kurt Cochran, 54, Leslie Rhodes, 75, Aysha Frade, 44, and Andreea Cristea, 31, were also killed.

Mobile phone footage of people rushing to offer first aid was also shown. Masood was shot dead by armed officers during the attack.

The inquest, taking place at the Old Bailey in London, was shown a video of Masood running from his crashed hire car into New Palace Yard.

A «chilling» image was shown to the court of the attacker with a carving knife in each hand, bearing down on PC Palmer.

The footage then showed Masood stabbing the officer repeatedly.

Read More