A hacking suspect facing extradition to the US said he «would want to work» with its intelligence agencies to highlight system «vulnerabilities».
Lauri Love, 31, who has Asperger’s syndrome, is appealing against an extradition order signed last year by the home secretary.
Mr Love, from Stradishall, Suffolk, faces trial accused of hacking into the FBI, the US central bank and Nasa. An appeal against his extradition is expected to be heard at the High Court.
Mr Love said: «It is very hard for me to imagine not being able to access information using computers — that’s the way I have interfaced with the world since I was able to. «It would be like losing my sight if I was locked away from technology and only able to use a telephone to call my family once a week. «If there are no other options and it is a choice between being subject to the US justice system and being turned into an example or deterrent or choosing to end my own life as an alternative then I do reserve the right to do so.»
Three adults and a girl have been detained in the centre of Venice as suspects in an alleged jihadist cell.
Police had been monitoring the group from Kosovo for months amid concerns they were planning to join Islamist militants in Syria, reports said. But police moved in at dawn on Thursday amid fears of a potential attack in the wake of the last week’s murder of four people in London, reports said.
Twelve addresses were raided including 10 in the city’s historic centre.
One of the raids took place close to the famed La Fenice opera house at around 04:00 (02:00 GMT), Italian media said. Police said all four of those held had Italian residence permits. They said Italy’s specialist Digos crime squad had been investigating the three adults on suspicion of radicalisation.
Two of the three had been working as waiters, one report said.
Italian police apparently tapped communications referring to the 22 March attack at Westminster, when Khalid Masood drove a car into pedestrians and stabbed a police officer outside parliament.
Police decided to move in amid concerns that the alleged cell was planning a similar attack in Venice, possibly targeting a high profile tourist site such as the Rialto bridge over the city’s Grand Canal, Italian media reported. Defence Minister Roberta Pinotti praised the authorities’ handling of the operation and said it showed their commitment in the fight against terrorism.
A US federal judge in Hawaii has indefinitely extended the suspension of President Trump’s new travel ban.
Judge Derrick Watson’s ruling means Mr Trump will be barred from enforcing the ban on six mostly Muslim nations while it is contested in court.
In a lawsuit, the US state says the ban would harm tourism and the ability to recruit foreign students and workers.
President Trump says his revised travel ban seeks to prevent terrorists from entering the United States.
Judge Watson made the ruling late on Wednesday after hearing arguments from attorneys for the state of Hawaii and the US Department of Justice. The judge turned his earlier temporary restraining order into a preliminary injunction that would have a more lasting effect.
Armed anti-terror police have grabbed two people from a car in a busy Birmingham street.
A man and woman, aged 21 and 23, were plucked from a red Ford Fiesta in Alum Rock Road. They have been detained on suspicion of preparing for terrorist acts.
Five homes and a business were searched in the city as part of the planned operation, West Midlands Police said. The arrests are unrelated to last week’s attack in Westminster.
Eyewitnesses captured police on camera bringing a man down to the floor. The footage seemed to show several armed officers swoop in, causing traffic to come to a standstill.
Two UN experts who were missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo have been found dead, officials say.
The bodies of US citizen Michael Sharp and Swedish national Zaida Catalan were discovered in the central Kasai region, a government spokesman said.
They were abducted two weeks ago after going to Kasai to investigate reports of abuses after local rebels took up arms.
Some 40 police officers were found beheaded in the region at the weekend. Congolese government spokesman Lambert Mende confirmed reports of the discovery.
Mr Mende said that the bodies were found in a shallow grave, adding that «the woman was found beheaded, but the body of the man was intact».