Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Security Issue Worry Highlighted In Children’s Toys

Consumer watchdog Which? has called on retailers to stop selling some popular toys it says have «proven» security issues.

Those toys include Furby Connect, the i-Que robot, Cloudpets and Toy-fi Teddy.

Which? found that there was no authentication required between the toys and the devices they could link with via Bluetooth. Two of the manufacturers said they took security very seriously.

The lack of authentication meant that, in theory, any device within physical range could link to the toy and take control or send messages, the watchdog said.

«Connected toys are becoming increasingly popular, but as our investigation shows, anyone considering buying one should apply a level of caution,» said Alex Neill, managing director of home products and services at Which? «Safety and security should be the absolute priority with any toy. If that can’t be guaranteed, then the products should not be sold.»

Read More

Defector From North Korea Shot Crossing Into South Korea

A North Korean soldier has defected to South Korea at the heavily protected Demilitarised Zone (DMZ), South Korea’s military says.

The soldier was shot and injured by his own military as he crossed to the South Korean side of the Joint Security Area in the village of Panmunjom. The defector has been taken to hospital.

About 1,000 people from the North flee to the South each year — but very few defect via the DMZ.

This is the fourth defection by a North Korean soldier via the DMZ — one of the world’s most heavily guarded strips of land — in the last three years.

North and South Korea are technically still at war, since the conflict between them ended in 1953 with a truce and not a formal peace treaty.

Read More

Man Found Guilty Of Acid Attack Charges

A man has been found guilty of carrying out an acid attack in a packed London club which left several people injured.

Arthur Collins, the ex-boyfriend of reality TV star Ferne McCann, threw the corrosive substance at revellers in Mangle E8 in Dalston on 17 April.

The 25-year-old admitted throwing the liquid but had claimed he believed it was a date rape drug. He was convicted at Wood Green Crown Court. Andre Phoenix, who was accused of helping him, was found not guilty.

More than a dozen people suffered burns when Collins sprayed acid over revellers inside the busy east London venue at about 01:00 BST.

CCTV shown in court showed clubbers clutching their faces and running off the dancefloor as they were hit with the liquid.

Read More

Mexico Condemns Execution Of Mexican National In Texas

The state of Texas has executed a Mexican national, sparking an outcry over his human rights.

Ruben Cardenas Ramirez was pronounced dead at 22:26 (04:26 GMT) after receiving a lethal injection. He had been convicted of the 1997 kidnap, rape and murder of his 16-year-old cousin, Mayra Laguna.

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto condemned the execution, saying it violated a UN ruling on the treatment of Mexican prisoners in the US.

The sister of the murdered girl was quoted by AFP news agency as saying the execution had brought «true peace» to the family.

Mexico abolished the death penalty in 2005.

«I firmly condemn the execution of Ruben Cardenas Ramirez in Texas, which violates [the] ruling of the International Court of Justice,» Mr Peña Nieto tweeted.

Read More

Two Police Officers Injured In Oxford

A man has been charged with administering a poison with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm after two police officers were injured during an arrest.

They were affected by a chemical at a flat in north Oxford on Thursday and kept in hospital overnight.

Hamad Nejad, 34, from Oxford, was arrested and is due at Oxford Magistrates’ Court later. He is also charged with one count of intimidating a witness.

Five other officers also experienced «minor irritation» as a result of the substance at the flat on Elizabeth Jennings Way.

Surrounding flats on the street were evacuated as a precaution but residents have been able to return after tests showed there was no risk.