Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Librarian Jailed For Hoax Bomb Alert At Gatwick Airport

A passenger who called in a bomb hoax in order to delay his flight has been jailed.

Jacob Meir Abdellak rang police eight minutes before the plane was due to leave Gatwick Airport for Los Angeles on 11 May.

The phone number used to make the call was the same one Abdellak used to book his flight, Sussex Police said. He admitted a false information charge at Lewes Crown Court on Tuesday and was sentenced to 10 months.

Abdellak, from Hackney in east London, made the anonymous call at 05:47 BST, delaying take-off by 90 minutes.

Inquiries revealed the 47-year-old had been abusive towards airline employees when they did not allow him to board as a result of being late for the flight.

He was told to return on another date to rearrange his flight, the force said.

Read More

Between 20,000 And 30,000 IS Militants In Syria And Iraq

Between 20,000 and 30,000 Islamic State (IS) militants remain in Syria and Iraq despite the group’s recent losses, according to a United Nations report.

The report says that while many fighters, planners and commanders have been killed, some IS members continue to be fully engaged militarily.

Among them is «a significant component of the many thousands of active foreign terrorist fighters», the report adds. A «reduced, covert version» of IS could survive in both countries, it warns.

Last month, more than 200 people were killed and around 30 Druze women and children taken captive in an large-scale attack by IS militants in south-west Syria.

In 2014, when IS seized control of large swathes of Syria and Iraq and proclaimed the establishment of a «caliphate», as many as 10 million people lived under its rule. However, the group was defeated militarily in Iraq and most of Syria during 2017.

Read More

Man Arrested For Westminster Car Crash Named

The man arrested on suspicion of terror offences after a car crashed outside the Houses of Parliament has been named as Salih Khater by government sources.

The 29-year-old British citizen, originally from Sudan, has also been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, Met Police said on Wednesday. He came to the UK as a refugee and was granted asylum. His brother described him as a «normal person» with no fanatical ideas, and no links to any religious group.

Abdullah Khater also said his family – who are originally from Darfur in Sudan – was in «a state of shock» over the incident. Three people were injured after the car hit cyclists and pedestrians during Tuesday morning’s rush hour. The silver Ford Fiesta then crashed into security barriers outside the Houses of Parliament just before 07:40 BST.

A man and a woman were taken to hospital after the crash and later discharged, while another man was treated for minor injuries at the scene.

Read More

Car Crashes Into Westminster Barrier Injuring Two

Two people have been injured after a car crashed into security barriers outside the Houses of Parliament.

Officers were seen surrounding the vehicle before a man was arrested, shortly after 07:30 BST.

Cyclists were hit in the crash and London Ambulance Service said it had taken two patients to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

Scotland Yard’s counter-terrorism unit is leading the investigation but the force is «keeping an open mind». Armed police, ambulances and firefighters are continuing to respond to the incident in central London.

While a number of eyewitnesses have said the silver car appeared to deliberately hit members of the public, police cannot say if the incident is related to terrorism at this stage.

Westminster tube station is closed and streets around Millbank, Parliament Square and Victoria Tower Gardens have been cordoned off. People have been moved further back from the area twice as police put up a Terrorism Act cordon, officers at the scene said. Parliament is currently not sitting.

An eyewitness said the car was travelling westbound past the Houses of Parliament when it swerved into eastbound traffic. Images posted to social media showed a man in handcuffs being led away from the car by officers after the crash.

Read More

Met Police Officer Hit With Sledgehammer

A police officer was hit with a sledgehammer after responding to reports of a domestic fight involving a knife, the Met Police said.

Officers were called to Sunningfields Road in Barnet, north London, at about 09:30 BST on Friday.

Two of them entered an address and were confronted by a man who swung the sledgehammer at them and fled, the force added.

Officers are keen to speak to Cayle Lynch in connection with what happened.

Mr Lynch, 24, is «known to sleep rough» and frequents Sunny Hill Park and Hampstead Heath.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said he «should not be approached».

The police officer who was struck, who is in her mid-30s, was not seriously injured and is recovering at home.