Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

London Stabbings Leave Two Men Dead

Two men have been stabbed to death within the space of two hours in Camden, north London.

One victim, believed to be in his late teens, died in Bartholomew Road after he was stabbed at about 20:30 GMT on Tuesday.

Police were then called to Malden Road soon after 22:10, following reports of a disturbance, where they found a man with serious knife wounds. The Met said they were trying to identify if the killings are linked.

The second man, thought to be about 20, was given first aid but died at the scene near the junction with Marsden Street.

Denise Arnold, 63, who lives in Malden Road, said she saw «a large group of people» who were trying to resuscitate the victim of the second stabbing. «There was a lot of wailing and screaming,» she said.

Read More

UK And US In Talks About IS Terrorists Captured Last Month

The US and UK are in talks about what to do with two men from west London who were detained in Syria last month on suspicion of terrorist activity, the home secretary has said.

Amber Rudd said the captured men, Allexanda Kotey and El Shafee Elsheikh, should go on trial. They are suspected of being members of an Islamic State cell that killed Western hostages.

The pair have been stripped of their UK citizenship.

Ms Rudd said: «We’re absolutely committed to making sure that they are tried. «These people should face the full force of the law. I can’t be drawn at the moment into…where that will take place. But I am certain, because we’ll be working with the Americans to ensure this, that they will face justice.»

Earlier this month a defence minister said the men should be tried in an international criminal court.

Tobias Ellwood told two newspapers it was important that «terrorists from any origin are transparently and fairly held account for their actions».

The men are accused of being the last two of four UK IS members known as «the Beatles», so called because of their British accents. It has been suggested they could be sent to the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay.

Alternatively, they could be put on criminal trial in the US or at the International Criminal Court, The Hague, which can prosecute people for genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and aggression.

Mr Ellwood, who lost his brother in a terrorist attack in Bali in 2002 and who himself was caught up in the Westminster attack last year, said Kotey and Elsheikh should be tried at The Hague. The families of some of the cell’s victims have also said the two captured men should face trial.

Controversial Photo Posted On Facebook By Australian MP

An Australian MP has drawn criticism for posting a photo online that showed him aiming a gun and asking: «Do you feel lucky, greenie punks?»

George Christensen, a government MP, put the photo on Facebook on Saturday.

The Greens party said the conservative MP’s post was «disgraceful», noting it came in the same week that 17 people died in a US school shooting.

Police said they would consider whether an investigation was warranted. The MP said his post was a joke. Mr Christensen said the post was a «tongue-in-cheek» reference to a famous line from the 1971 film Dirty Harry, in which Clint Eastwood’s character says: «Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?»

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said the post was «very inappropriate».

Read More

IS Claim To Be Behind Attack On Church Worshippers In Russia

Five women have been killed in a shooting at a church in Russia’s volatile republic of Dagestan.

Five others, including a police officer and a national guardsman, were injured, Russian officials said. Two are said to be in a critical condition.

A man fired at people leaving an evening service in the city of Kizlyar. The attacker was shot and killed at the scene. He was later identified as 22-year-old Khalil Khalilov, a resident of Dagestan.

The Islamic State (IS) group said it was behind the attack but did not immediately provide any evidence. The gunman used a hunting rifle, opening fire on worshippers leaving a service during celebrations for Maslenitsa – a traditional pre-Lent festival, Russian media report.

Four women were killed at the scene, and another woman died later in a hospital.

Read More

US And Turkey Agree To Defuse Crisis In Northern Syria

The US and Turkey, whose forces are at loggerheads in northern Syria, have agreed to try to defuse the crisis.

The Nato allies said joint teams would meet shortly to work through their diplomatic differences, including a dispute over the city of Manbij.

Turkey has threatened to attack US-allied Kurdish forces in Manbij, whom they regard as terrorists.

Pro-Turkish forces are battling the militia in nearby Afrin, across Turkey’s southern border with Syria.

The US also has soldiers in Manbij, which was taken from the Islamic State group (IS) by forces led by the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) in 2016.

Last week, a top US general said his forces would «respond aggressively» to any Turkish-backed attack on Manbij.

In response, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatened the US with an «Ottoman slap» – a historical reference to a supposedly deadly blow.

Read More