Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Pizza Restaurant In Mogadishu Target Of Suicide Bomber

A combined suicide bomb and gun attack at a hotel and restaurant in Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, has killed at least 18 people.

The attack started on Wednesday evening, as Muslims were breaking their daily fast during Ramadan.

A chef at the Pizza House restaurant, a modern venue popular with young Somalis, was among the victims.

Militants from the al-Shabab group held about 20 hostages during a shoot-out with police, which has now ended. The al-Qaeda affiliated group admitted carrying out the attack early on Thursday.

The attack began at around 20:00 local time (17:00 GMT), when a car rigged with explosives hit the Posh Hotel next to the restaurant — the only venue in Mogadishu with a disco, Reuters news agency reports.

Read More

US Politician Injured During Multiple Shooting In Washington DC

A US Republican politician and aides have been shot during baseball practice in Virginia, US reports say.

Police in the upmarket Washington DC suburb of Alexandria said they were investigating a «multiple shooting» and a suspect was in custody.

US media said House of Representatives Majority Whip Steve Scalise and aides had been hit by gunfire.

Police tweeted they were «investigating multiple shooting 400 block E Monroe St. Suspect believed in custody.»

An apparent eyewitness said on Twitter that gunfire rang out at the YMCA baseball fields, by the Eugene Simpson Stadium Park. The witness, @ben_childers, said it happened at a congressional baseball team practice session. Local media report there is a major police presence after the attack.

Senator Mike Lee, a Utah Republican, texted Fox News to say that Mr Scalise had been shot in the hip and would survive. He said someone had used a belt as a tourniquet on him.

Read More

Air Strikes In Syria Causing Massive Loss Of Civilian Life

UN war crimes investigators say US-led coalition air strikes on Islamic State militants in the Syrian city of Raqqa are causing «staggering loss of life».

Hundreds of civilians are reported to have been killed since March, as coalition warplanes support an offensive by a Kurdish-led alliance.

In the past week. Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) fighters have pushed into the west, east and north of Raqqa.

The battle for the city has also led to 160,000 civilians fleeing their homes.

The coalition has said the capture of Raqqa will deliver a «decisive blow» to the caliphate proclaimed by IS in June 2014, months after it took control or the city. Up to 4,000 militants are believed to be holed up inside Raqqa, including foreign fighters and various senior figures. It is unclear how many civilians are trapped there with them, but UN officials estimated that there are between 50,000 and 100,000.

Read More

Met Police Officer Faces No Charges Over Shooting

A Met Police firearms officer will face no charges over the shooting of a man who was killed in a botched attempt to free a prisoner, prosecutors said.

Jermaine Baker was killed in London by armed officers in December 2015. He was with two other men in a car near Wood Green Crown Court who had intended to help spring an inmate from a prison van.

Firearms officers were deployed to foil the plan and the 28-year-old was shot dead during the escape attempt.

Mr Baker’s family previously raised «serious concerns» over his death saying: «Our priority is to find out the truth and have anyone responsible for his death held to account.»

Last year the family failed at the High Court to stop the officer who managed the operation from resigning from the Met. A Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) spokesman said: «The officers reasonably believed that the men in the car were dangerous individuals, who were armed and prepared to use their weapons to achieve their criminal purpose.

Read More

Police Woman Shot At Munich Train Station

A German policewoman was shot in the head when a man grabbed a police gun at a suburban station in Munich.

The woman, 26, was critically wounded and two bystanders also seriously hurt in the shooting at Unterföhring S-Bahn station, police said.

Police shot and lightly wounded the gunman, who is now in custody. Police said it was not a terrorist incident.

A major police operation is under way in the northern suburb of Unterföhring, and rail services have been suspended.

Police said there was no further danger to the public. The two wounded bystanders are being treated in hospital, while the policewoman is fighting for her life.

Police said the shooting happened when police intervened in a scuffle between several people at the station, one of whom had a knife. The man fired at least five shots. He was lightly injured when police fired back, and is now being questioned.

German n-tv news says he is a 37-year-old German citizen and a Munich resident. The S-Bahn line passing through Unterföhring is one of the main routes to Munich airport.

In May 2016 a man killed a commuter and injured three others in a knife attack at Grafing railway station near Munich. The man had run amok and was later found to be mentally ill.