Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Killings In London At Highest Since 2008

The number of killings in London has topped last year’s total and is the highest annual number for more than a decade, police figures show.

The fatal stabbing of 47-year-old James O’Keefe in Hornsey on Monday took the capital’s 2019’s homicide rate to 142.

The figure, which includes murders and manslaughters, is the highest number since 2008, a year when the Met investigated 154 deaths. The force said a total of 133 homicides were recorded in 2018.

This year’s figure includes 137 homicide investigations by the Met, two by British Transport Police and the two fatal stabbings at London Bridge last month, investigated by City of London Police.

More than half of 2019’s victims were stabbed to death and 23 were teenagers – the highest number of such victims for more than a decade – figures collated by the BBC shows.

Read More

Six Killed By Gunman In Czech Republic Hospital

A gunman has killed six people in a hospital waiting room in the Czech city of Ostrava before shooting himself in the head, police say.

Armed police found the suspect dead from a self-inflicted gunshot in a vehicle three hours later. The gunman was believed to be a patient at the hospital, one unconfirmed report said. His motive remains unclear.

Officers said they were called to the hospital in the north-eastern city at 07:19 (06:19 GMT).

The shooting took place in a matter of moments at Ostrava university hospital’s trauma clinic. Hospital director Jiri Havrlant told Czech TV the gunman opened fire without warning, hitting nine patients.

Four men and two women were killed and three other people were wounded, two seriously. All of the victims were patients at the hospital. The hospital was initially locked down.

Read More

Man Arrested On Terrorism Related Offences In Bristol

A man has been arrested in Bristol on suspicion of Islamist-related terrorism offences, police have said.

The 33-year-old was detained at 23:00 GMT on Monday as part of a planned operation at a flat in Tyndale Court, Imperial Road, in Clifton. The suspect is being held in custody while searches are carried out at the address.

Police said there was no risk to the public and the arrest was not linked to the London Bridge terror attack.

Inquiries were made by detectives from Counter Terrorism Policing South East (CTPSE), working alongside Counter Terrorism Policing South West, prior to that attack on 29 November, officers confirmed. The suspect is being held on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under section 41b of the Terrorism Act (2000).

Head of CTPSE Det Ch Supt Kath Barnes said: “At around 23:00, counter-terrorism detectives arrested a man on suspicion of terrorism offences and are currently carrying out searches at a residential property in Bristol. “This was part of a pre-planned operation.”

Read More

Online Training From Counter Terrorism Police Released

Free online training for the public on how to react to a terrorism incident is being made available by police.

The course devised by UK counter-terrorism officers and experts was previously only open to company staff working in crowded places such as shopping centres.

Counter Terrorism Policing is inviting people to take the course and become so-called CT Citizens.

Police said the move was not in response to the London Bridge attack. But the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) said the 29 November incident, which left two people dead, was a “stark reminder” of the “ongoing threat and the need for vigilance”.

Called ACT Awareness, the training comprises seven modules and takes 45 minutes to complete.

Users are asked give details including an email and home address in order to register for the course. Registration can then take up to seven days to complete, according to the website.

Read More

Shooting At Florida Navy Base Treated At Terror Attack

The FBI says it is treating Friday’s deadly attack on a Florida navy base as a presumed terrorist attack.

The Saudi gunman – who was training at the Pensacola site – killed three sailors before he was shot dead.

Special agent Rachel Rojas said the FBI was trying to determine if he had acted alone or had connections to a group. She said other Saudi students had been questioned but not arrested. They were reportedly confined to the base and co-operating with investigators.

The victims of the attack have been named as Joshua Kaleb Watson, 23, Mohammed Sameh Haitham, 19, and Cameron Scott Walters, 21.

The US Navy said the sailors “showed exceptional heroism and bravery in the face of evil”.

Read More