Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Former President Of Sudan Charged With Incitement

Sudan has charged ousted President Omar al-Bashir with incitement and involvement in the killing of protesters, the public prosecutor said in a statement.

There has been no comment from Mr Bashir since he was removed from office on 11 April.

At the beginning of May he was ordered to appear before a prosecutor for questioning over allegations of money laundering and terror financing.

Three Killed By Crossbow At German Hotel

German police are investigating the deaths of five people, three of which were found in a rural Bavarian hotel impaled by crossbow bolts.

A room maid discovered the bodies in a room alongside two crossbows. The relationship between the three victims – a man aged 53 and two women aged 30 and 33 – remains unclear.

Police found the bodies of two more women when searching the home of the 30-year-old in northern Germany, officials said on Monday.

Police said they are investigating «possible connections» between the hotel deaths and the two bodies found at the home in the town of Gifhorn.

The hotel stands by the Ilz river near Passau, about 650km (400 miles) to the south. An autopsy on the three bodies is scheduled to begin on Monday.

Another hotel guest, who was staying in the hotel for a short break, told local newspaper Passauer Neue Presse that it had been a «completely quiet night».

Read More

Four Hostages Freed In West Africa By French Forces

Four foreign hostages have been freed by French forces in the West African country of Burkina Faso, the French government says.

Two of those released are French. The other two are said to be an American woman and a South Korean woman.

Two French soldiers were killed during the raid, the French presidency said. Four kidnappers were also killed, AFP quoted the French military as saying. The French hostages had been kidnapped in neighbouring Benin on 1 May.

The hostages’ release was secured through a military operation conducted on Thursday night in the north of Burkina Faso, the Elysée palace said.

The two soldiers who were killed during the rescue were named as Cédric de Pierrepont and Alain Bertoncello, described by officials as belonging to a special operations unit.

The French military posted photos of the soldiers on social media.

Read More

Gerry Adams Rejects Claims That He Was An IRA Member

Gerry Adams has told the Ballymurphy Inquest he was not a member of the IRA.

The inquest is looking into the shooting dead of 10 people in Ballymurphy, west Belfast, in 1971.

The Sinn Féin Louth TD said he believed that the Provisional IRA had decided not to engage the British Army well before civilians were shot and killed. He said that when internment began in August 1971 he was a Sinn Féin activist but did not have direct knowledge of the Provisional IRA’s actions.

The shootings occurred amid disturbances sparked by the introduction of internment without trial in Northern Ireland.

Mr Adams, who is now 70, is giving evidence on the 55th day of hearings at the inquest into the shooting of 10 people – including a Catholic priest and a mother of eight – between 9 and 11 August 1971. He said he did not witness any of the killings.

Asked directly about his connections to the IRA by a barrister for the coroner, Mr Adams said: «I was not a member of the IRA, I have never disassociated myself with the IRA, and I never will, until the day I die.

Read More

London Bridge Attack Inquest Begins

«Barbarians» took the life of a French father-of-two who was killed during the 2017 London Bridge attack, his family have told an inquest into the deaths.

Xavier Thomas, 45, was one of eight people killed when three men drove a van into pedestrians and stabbed others in Borough Market on 3 June. He was hit by the van as he walked across the bridge and was found three days later in the River Thames. His family paid an emotional tribute to him on the first day of the inquest.

His girlfriend Christine Delcros, who was also struck and seriously injured during the attack, wept as she told the Old Bailey: «Since Xavier disappeared in such tragic and traumatic circumstances our whole world has fallen apart.»

Mr Thomas, who had two children from a previous marriage and lived near Paris, had arrived in London on the day of the attack. His father said: «Barbarians, who can in no way be described as humans, took his life and destroyed his family. «With such an emotional shock we have been totally devastated in the way he has been taken from us. «We all feel lost and are experiencing a great void without Xavier.»

Read More