Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Explosive Devices Found At Flat In Harlesden

A man has been arrested after two suspected bombs were found in an empty flat in north-west London.

Two devices were found in a property being refurbished in Craven Park, Harlesden, on Wednesday morning.

Nearby flats were evacuated and roads were closed as specialist officers conducted further searches, but the area has now been deemed safe.

The 48-year-old man has been held on suspicion of an offence contrary to the Explosives Substances Act.

He remains in custody at a south London police station.

A counter-terror probe was launched after the devices were found, but Scotland Yard said on Thursday it did not believe the suspect had «links to any terrorist organisations, or that there are any ongoing public safety issues».

Russia Lose Interpol Presidency

Interpol has elected South Korean Kim Jong-yang as its president, rejecting the controversial Russian frontrunner.

Mr Kim was chosen by Interpol’s 194 member states at a meeting of its annual congress in Dubai. He beat Russia’s Alexander Prokopchuk, who has been accused of using Interpol’s arrest warrant system to target critics of the Kremlin.

Russia blamed the outcome of the voting on «unprecedented pressure and interference».

The election follows the disappearance of Interpol’s former president Meng Hongwei, who vanished on a trip to China in September. Beijing has since confirmed he has been detained and is being investigated for allegedly taking bribes.

Mr Kim, 57, beat Mr Prokopchuk, also 57, by 101 votes to 61 at Interpol’s General Assembly meeting on Wednesday, media reports say.

Interpol confirmed the South Korean’s victory, without revealing the breakdown of the results.

Read More

British Man Found Guilty Of Spying In UAE

A British PhD student has been sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of spying in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Matthew Hedges, 31, of Durham University, always denied the charge saying he had been conducting research.

A court in Abu Dhabi has declared him guilty of «spying for or on behalf of» the UK government. His family claim the verdict is based on a false confession. The PM said the UK was urgently seeking talks with the Emirati government.

Theresa May said Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt was «seeking a call with Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed». Mr Hunt said he was «deeply shocked and disappointed» by the verdict. He has raised the case with the «highest levels of the UAE government» and the verdict «is not what we expect from a friend and trusted partner of the United Kingdom and runs contrary to earlier assurances».

In a statement Hedges’ family said during the first six weeks of his detention, he was interrogated without a lawyer and consular access was unavailable.

Read More

At Least 43 Killed In Suicide Bomb Attack In Afghanistan

A suicide bomb attack on a gathering of religious scholars in the Afghan capital, Kabul, has killed at least 43 people, officials say.

At least 83 more were injured as the clerics met at the Uranus hall to mark the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad. It is one of the deadliest attacks in Kabul in recent months.

No-one has admitted responsibility for the blast, but the Islamic State group has said it was behind most of the recent deadliest attacks.

Continuing attacks by the Taliban have also stepped up pressure on security forces.

Basir Mujahid, a spokesman for Kabul police, said: «Hundreds of Islamic scholars and their followers had gathered to recite verses from the holy Koran to observe the Eid Milad-un-Nabi festival at the private banquet hall.»

A manager at the hall said the suicide bomber blew himself up in the middle of the gathering.

Read More

Water Cannons Purchased By Boris Johnson Sold For Scrap

Three water cannon bought and refurbished for more than £320,000 while Boris Johnson was London Mayor have been sold for £11,000.

The vehicles were bought by Mr Johnson as crowd-control weapons following the 2011 riots.

They were sold for £11,025 to Nottinghamshire-based Reclamations (Ollerton) Ltd who will dismantle them and export the parts.

Current Mayor Sadiq Khan said «we have managed to finally get rid of them».

The vehicles were bought by Mr Johnson from Germany in 2014 – before their use had been licensed on the UK mainland. Then-Home Secretary Theresa May banned their use in riot situations in 2015, and later used the purchase to ridicule Mr Johnson in the Tory leadership race after David Cameron resigned.

Read More