Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

UK And US Intelligence Report On Russian Hackers

State-sponsored Russian hackers are actively seeking to hijack essential internet hardware, US and UK intelligence agencies say.

The UK’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), the FBI and the US Department of Homeland Security issued a joint alert warning of a global campaign.

The alert details methods used to compromise the networking equipment used to move traffic across the net. This could be used to mount a future offensive, it warned.

In a press conference about the alert, White House cyber-security co-ordinator Rob Joyce said the US and its allies had «high confidence» that Russia was behind the «broad campaign».

Read More

Germany Charges 94 Year Old Former SS Guard

German prosecutors have charged a 94-year-old former SS guard with aiding and abetting mass murder at the Nazis’ Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp.

The case against the German man – not yet named – has gone to a court in Mannheim, western Germany.

He was 19 when, in December 1942-January 1943, he assisted in the murder of some 13,335 people, it is alleged. He has denied knowing that mass murder was going on. Last month, a convicted Auschwitz guard died in hospital.

Nearly one million Jews were murdered at the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp complex. Tens of thousands of others also died, mainly Poles.

A landmark 2011 court ruling, against John Demjanjuk, enabled German prosecutors to charge a few surviving Nazi SS guards as accessories to mass murder.

Read More

Two Dead In Separate London Stabbings

Two people have been stabbed to death in London in separate attacks within 40 minutes of one another.

A 26-year-old man died in hospital after being attacked in Colindale, north-west London, while a woman in her 30s died at the scene of a stabbing in Brixton, south London.

An 18-year-old man is in a critical condition after a third separate stabbing three hours later, on Sunday.

More than 35 people have been stabbed to death in the capital so far in 2018.

A woman, 34, was arrested on suspicion of murder at the scene of the Colindale attack.

Police said they were called at 17:58 BST on Sunday to Zenith Close and found a man with stab wounds. He died in hospital later that evening.

Read More

Opposition Parties To Face Theresa May Over Syria Air Strikes

Theresa May is to face MPs’ questions about her decision to authorise air strikes against the Syrian government.

Opposition parties say MPs should have been consulted before the UK joined the US and France in bombing three Syrian sites, in response to a suspected chemical attack on the town of Douma.

Labour says its advice suggests the military strikes were not legal.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson promised MPs would have «abundant time» to have their say.

The Scottish National Party has said it will seek to force a vote on the issue, arguing that Theresa May’s decision to authorise UK participation in air strikes without prior parliamentary approval was a «disgrace».

Sites near Damascus and Homs were hit on Saturday in response to the alleged chemical attack on Douma on 7 April. Both Syria, which denies any chemical use, and Russia, which provides military support to the Syrian government, have reacted angrily to the action.

UK prime ministers do not legally need to consult Parliament before launching military action, although they have done so since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Read More

Labour Leader Speaks Out About Syria Action

The UK government is «waiting for instructions» from Donald Trump about whether to launch a missile strike on Syria, Jeremy Corbyn has said.

The Labour leader spoke out after Cabinet ministers agreed «on the need to take action» in Syria to «deter the further use of chemical weapons».

Ministers said it was «highly likely» the Assad regime was responsible for a suspected chemical attack. But Mr Corbyn said military action was unlikely to solve the situation.

Medical sources say dozens of people were killed, including children, during the alleged toxic bombing of the formerly rebel-held town of Douma, in the Eastern Ghouta region. But Russia’s Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov, said its specialists had «irrefutable» evidence that the alleged attack had been faked by foreign intelligence agents. He said inspectors from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons «will find no proof of chemical weapons or chlorine», adding that «this was another staged event – and the staging was done by the special services of one of the countries that has been at the forefront of the anti-Russian campaign».

Read More