Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Second Night Of Protests In North Carolina Town

North Carolina’s governor has declared a state of emergency in the city of Charlotte, after violence erupted during a second night of protests over the police killing of a black man.

Keith Lamont Scott was shot dead by a black officer on Tuesday. One protester remains in a critical condition after a «civilian on civilian» shooting, police said. Mr Scott was the third black man killed by US police in a week. Such shootings have sparked nationwide protests.

Riot police in Charlotte used tear gas as they faced hundreds of protesters. The local police department said four officers were injured.

Earlier North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory said he had «initiated efforts» to deploy the national guard and highway patrol to help deal with the protests. «Any violence directed toward our citizens or police officers or destruction of property should not be tolerated,» he said. The demonstrators are angry that Mr Scott, 43, was killed by police on Tuesday afternoon at a block of flats in disputed circumstances. Police were serving an arrest warrant on another person when they say they saw Mr Scott get out of a car with a handgun.

Officers say he was repeatedly told to drop his handgun before he was shot but his family say he was reading a book, as he waited for his son to be dropped off by the school bus. Dash-cam footage of the incident will be viewed by Charlotte’s mayor but not released to the public «at that time», the city said. It is legal to openly carry a handgun in North Carolina, but a special permit is required to carry a concealed weapon.

Read More

Man Wielding Knife Shot Outside Embassy In Ankara

A man wielding a knife has been shot and wounded by security officials outside Israel’s embassy in the Turkish capital, Ankara.

Israeli officials said he had tried to storm the embassy.

The office of the Ankara governor said the suspect appears to be «mentally unstable», and no links had been found to any organisation. No-one at the embassy was hurt, Israeli officials say. Local reports said staff took refuge as the attack began.

Several embassies in Ankara were closed late last week amid reports of a possible militant attack.

Turkey has been caught up in a series of deadly attacks in the past year, by jihadist group Islamic State and Kurdish militant groups. Bomb disposal experts are examining a suspicious package at the scene.

The Times of Israel reported that the assailant tried to stab a security guard, who then fired a warning shot before shooting the man in the leg. Turkey’s state-run news agency, Anadolu, said the man was carrying the knife wrapped in newspaper before taking it out, brandishing it and shouting. It said he ignored warnings from staff.

A spokesman for the Israeli Foreign Ministry, Emmanuel Nahson, said the man was wounded in the foot. He said: «We don’t know if he was attacking police officers or the embassy itself.»

Medical Facility Near Aleppo Casualty Of Air Strike

An air strike on a medical facility near the Syrian city of Aleppo has killed five employees of an international aid agency, the group says, including nurses. There have been heavy air raids in and around Aleppo as the United Nations prepares to discuss the failed Syrian ceasefire.

The attack came a day after an aid convoy was targeted in a nearby raid. Twenty people were killed in that attack, which the US blames on Russia. The assault, on Monday, destroyed 18 lorries and has been described as a possible war crime.

Russia has strongly denied involvement of its own or Syrian planes, and said the incident was caused by fire on the ground and not by an air strike.

The Paris-based Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations (UOSSM) said Tuesday’s strike on its facility near Aleppo appeared to be targeted. At least nine rebel fighters were also killed, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said. The two successive attacks were «not a coincidence,» UOSSM’s Dr Zaydoun al Zoubi said. «Somebody is trying to tell us humanitarian workers are not welcome in Syria, that we are a target, that we will be killed,» he said.
He called for the truce to be restored.

Read More

French Police Arrest More Suspects Linked To Nice Lorry Attack

French police have reportedly detained eight men linked to lorry attacker Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who murdered 86 people on the seafront at Nice.

Police carried out a wave of arrests on Monday and Tuesday in and around Nice.

Bouhlel drove a lorry into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day on 14 July. He was originally thought to have acted on his own, but prosecutors later said he had accomplices. Six suspects have already been placed under formal investigation as part of the inquiry.

The attack was claimed by jihadist group Islamic State (IS), and anti-terror prosecutor Francois Molins said it had been planned for months in advance. The six initial suspects have been accused of providing Bouhlel either with a pistol or with logistical support.

The latest arrests involve French and Tunisian men, reports say. Ceremonies were held on Monday to remember the 229 victims of jihadist attacks in France since the start of 2015.

Yasmine Bouzegan Marzouk, who lost three members of her family in the Nice attack, gave a passionate speech in Paris in which she said «these barbarians have no law, no faith, no religion». A Muslim herself, Ms Marzouk told how her 13-year-old relative Mehdi Hachadi was killed under the wheels of Bouhlel’s lorry. «The life of a child who had such a promising future was snatched away. He was brought up in the Muslim faith, which says we should respect others and show tolerance,» she said.

Bouhlel himself was eventually shot dead when police surrounded his 19-tonne lorry.

US Bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami In Custody

The Afghan-born American who is in custody after the weekend’s bombings in New York and New Jersey was employed at a fried chicken restaurant.

Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, worked with members of his family at First American Fried Chicken in Elizabeth, New Jersey. He lived with his family above the takeout spot, a few miles from Newark Liberty International Airport. «He’s a very friendly guy, that’s what’s so scary,» said one patron, Ryan McCann.

Mr McCann said: «I come in here about once every week or two, just to get something to eat. He’s always in there.» He added: «They never seemed out of the ordinary, they just Americanised. «You would’ve never knew anything. He’d always talk about his cars. «He loved Civics, he loved going fast, that’s what he did, he’d talk about his cars.» The family home is being searched by officers.

The takeaway spot was known to officials in the city of Elizabeth because of complaints about the late-night rowdy behaviour of patrons.

Neighbours had complained about the all-night establishment, leading city officials to pass an ordinance requiring the restaurant to shut at 10pm each night, according to city officials.

Mayor J Christian Bollwage said that in 2011 Mr Rahami’s father had sued the city over the ordinance, claiming he had been ethnically discriminated against. «It was neighbour complaints, it had nothing to do with his ethnicity or religion,» the mayor told the New York Times. «It had to do with noise and people congregating on the streets.»

Read More