Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Norfolk Shooting Leaves Two Dead

Two people have died in a shooting in a Norfolk village.

Norfolk Police said the body of a man was found in the front garden of a property in Magdalen, near King’s Lynn, and a woman’s body was discovered inside.

Both of the deceased are believed to be in their 40s, the force said. Greig Dunsmuir, who lives in the village, said he heard a «loud boom» on Stow Road shortly after midnight.

He added: «I heard a gunshot at about 12:20 and some commotion, people shouting and screaming. «It wasn’t drawn out – maybe three or four minutes of commotion, and that’s it. «I didn’t think any more of it until this morning.»

Det Supt Paul Durham said: «We are in the very early stages of the investigation and while I understand how shocking the news of this incident must be for neighbours of the two people involved, and other local residents, I can reassure them we are putting all our efforts into establishing the circumstances surrounding their deaths.»

Read More

Fighting Breaks Out In South Sudan

Renewed fighting has broken out in South Sudan between forces loyal to the president and vice-president.

A reporter in the capital, Juba, told the BBC gunfire and large explosions could be heard all over the city; he said heavy artillery was being used. More than 200 people are reported to have died in clashes since Friday. The latest violence came hours after the UN Security Council called on the warring factions to immediately stop the fighting.

In a unanimous statement, the council condemned the violence «in the strongest terms» and expressed «particular shock and outrage» at attacks on UN sites. It also called for additional peacekeepers to be sent to South Sudan.

Chinese media say two Chinese UN peacekeepers have now died in Juba. Several other peacekeepers have been injured, as well as a number of civilians who have been caught in crossfire.

The latest round of violence erupted when troops loyal to President Salva Kiir and first Vice-President Riek Machar began shooting at each other in the streets of Juba.

Why Has Fighting Resumed?

It seems a disagreement at a checkpoint between rival soldiers led to a shootout on Thursday night in which five soldiers died. This quickly escalated into serious fighting from Friday onwards. Tensions have been high since April, when Mr Machar returned to Juba under a peace deal following a two-year civil war. He took a 1,300-strong protection force with him and they were supposed to start joint patrols with forces loyal to President Kiir. But a lack of trust between the two sides means the patrols have not begun.

Will It Become A New Civil War?

There are concerns that what we are seeing is a repeat of what happened in December 2013. The two-year civil war started then after clashes between rival soldiers in Juba and degenerated into nationwide conflict in which tens of thousands died. The war was fought broadly between South Sudan’s biggest ethnic groups – the Dinka, led by Mr Kiir, and the Nuer, under Mr Machar. At present, Mr Kiir and Mr Machar are calling for calm.

The international community played a major role in the creation of South Sudan and has tried to exercise some influence since independence in 2011. The UN and US have called for an immediate end to fighting, a call echoed by the East African regional group which brokered the recent peace deal. On Monday, there were reports of tanks on the streets of Juba and clashes close to the airport and UN camps sheltering civilians. The US embassy warned of «serious fighting» taking place.

Under Control

A UN spokeswoman in Juba, Shantal Persaud, said fighting over the past few days had caused hundreds of internally displaced people to take refuge in UN premises.
She said both South Sudanese leaders were responsible for implementing last year’s peace agreement, which included a permanent ceasefire and the deployment of forces away from Juba.

Information Minister Michael Makuei told the BBC that the situation in the city was «under full control» and civilians who had fled should return to their homes. Mr Machar’s military spokesman, Col William Gatjiath, accused officials loyal to the president of lying, and said there had been at least 10 hours of clashes on Sunday. «The situation in South Sudan is uncontrollable because Salva Kiir and his followers are not ready to follow the peace agreement,» he said.

In a statement on Sunday, the US state department said it strongly condemned the latest outbreak of fighting in Juba. Spokesman John Kirby said Washington had ordered the departure of non-emergency personnel from the US embassy in Juba.

A US academic who studies Sudan, Eric Reeves, told the BBC Mr Machar was trying to orchestrate a coup against his rival, with the backing of President Omar Bashir of Sudan. «This has been planned,» he said. «That violence now seems to be part of a co-ordinated coup led by Riek Machar. This changes entirely the complexion of the crisis.» A spokesman for Mr Machar is reported to have rejected this.

Dallas Police Chief Says Micah Johnson Was Planning Large Attack

The man who shot dead five police officers in Dallas and wounded seven more was planning an even larger attack, the city’s police chief says.

Micah Johnson, 25, was angry with the recent killings of black men by police and wanted to kill white officers, police say.

Police chief David Brown said he was «convinced» Johnson had wider plans. He told CNN that Johnson, a military veteran, appeared to have practised detonating explosives. Mr Brown also said police were trying to find the significance of the letters «RB» that Johnson had written in his own blood, near where he was killed by a remote detonation by police.

Officers were also reading a journal found in Johnson’s house that Mr Brown said was proving «hard to decipher». Mr Brown also revealed that during two hours of negotiations last Thursday, the attacker taunted police. «He just basically lied to us – playing games, laughing at us, singing, asking how many [police officers] did he get and that he wanted to kill some more and that there were bombs there.» «So there was no progress on the negotiation… I began to feel that it was only at a split second he would charge us and take out many more before we could kill him,» Mr Brown added.

Johnson launched his attack in Dallas as a protest was taking place against the deaths of black men at the hands of police. The deaths of Philando Castile in St Paul, Minnesota, and Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, last week led to more protests across US cities.

In Baton Rouge, up to 40 people were arrested on Sunday during a protest rally. Some of the demonstrators chanted «No justice, no peace!» during a stand-off with police in riot gear. In Virginia, protesters briefly shut down an interstate motorway in Portsmouth. They were marching in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Read More

Eid Gathering In Bangladesh Targated By Bombs & Gun Attack

Militants have attacked police guarding the largest Eid gathering in Bangladesh, throwing homemade bombs and launching a gun attack.

More than 250,000 people had gathered for Eid prayers at the Sholakia field in Kishoreganj district when the attack on a security checkpoint began.

Police say four people, including two officers and one attacker, were killed.

Last week, militants stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in Dhaka, killing at least 20, most of them foreigners.
That attack was claimed by so-called Islamic State, although the government said the attackers belonged to a local militant group.

Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu described it as a «terrorist strike… against the normal practices of Islam». The attackers were «out to create a destabilisation process to oust» the government, he added.

There have been security fears in Dhaka following last Friday’s attack on the cafe.

There were tight checks at some Eid services in the capital, with scanners and sniffer dogs used to check for bombs before worshippers could enter, AFP reported. Many people could be seen weeping during the services, while a local cleric issued a prayer to «protect our children from the evils of terrorism», AFP added.

Bangladesh has also seen a spate of attacks on secular bloggers, gay activists, academics and members of religious minorities, with more than 40 killed since February 2013. Many of the attacks have been claimed by Islamic State militants or al-Qaeda affiliates, although the government has blamed local groups and the opposition instead. The opposition denies the claims.

US Police Shoot ‘Black Man’ Dead In His Car As Protests Continue

A black man has been shot dead by police in the US state of Minnesota as protests continued over the police killing of a black man in Louisiana.

Philando Castile’s girlfriend live-streamed the aftermath, showing him covered in blood with a police officer pointing his gun at him. He was shot as he reached for his driving licence, she said.

It follows the death of Alton Sterling, who was shot dead by police during an incident in Baton Rouge on Tuesday. Hundreds of people have protested for two nights over Mr Sterling’s killing.

The deaths follow a long line of high-profile incidents involving African-Americans at the hands of the police, igniting a national debate about the lethal use of force.

Mr Castile had been stopped in Falcon Heights, a suburb of St Paul, because the car had a broken rear light, the woman, identified in local media reports as Lavish Reynolds, said. Before he was shot, he told the officer that he was licensed to carry a concealed gun and had one in his possession, she said. «You shot four bullets into him, sir. He was just getting his license and registration, sir,» Ms Reynolds says in the video.

A child, Ms Reynolds’s daughter, was also in the car at the time.

Read More