Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Two Hostages Freed from Bavarian Town Hall

German police have arrested a man who was holding two people hostage at the old town hall in Ingolstadt in Bavaria.

The two captives have been released unharmed following a raid by armed officers. The 24-year-old hostage taker has been injured and taken to hospital.

The building was cordoned off after the siege began at around 09:00 local time (07:00 GMT).

The situation forced German Chancellor Angela Merkel to cancel a planned campaign visit to the town.

A police commando unit stormed the building at 17:50 local time (15:50 GMT), freeing the hostages and shooting their captor.

His injuries are not believed to be severe.

A third hostage – deputy mayor Sepp Misslbeck – had been released earlier, five hours after the siege began.

The assailant, a homeless man with a history of mental health problems, was reported to have been stalking a woman employed at the town hall for the past year, and as a result was banned from the building.

Read More

David Miranda Heathrow detained at Heathrow

No 10 was « kept abreast » of the decision to detain David Miranda, the partner of Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald, a spokesman has said.

Mr Miranda was held at Heathrow for nine hours on Sunday, while in transit from Germany to Brazil.

He has launched a legal challenge over the police’s use of anti-terror laws to detain him and seize his property.

But Home Secretary Theresa May said the police must act if someone had « highly sensitive stolen information ».

Mr Miranda, a 28-year-old Brazilian national, was held at Heathrow on his way from Berlin to Rio de Janeiro where he lives with Mr Greenwald. The Guardian said he had been carrying « journalistic materials » but was not an employee of the newspaper.

Read More

Pakistani city of Quetta sees 9 killed in gun attack

At least nine people were killed when gunmen opened fire outside a mosque in the second attack in Quetta in south-west Pakistan in as many days.

About 20 others were wounded in the attack, which came as worshippers left the Sunni Muslim mosque after sunrise prayers for the Eid al-Fitr festival.

Bullets hit the car of Ali Madad Jatak, a former Pakistan People’s Party provincial minister, but he was unhurt.

On Thursday dozens of people died in a suicide bomb blast in Quetta.

In the latest attack, four unidentified men opened fire on the former minister as prayers came to a close.

« They fled after killing innocent people, » Mr Jatak said. « I was the target. They could have fired at me. They killed innocent worshippers belonging to different communities. This is against humanity. It is brutality on the level of animals. »

Read More

Diplomats withdrawn from consulate in Pakistan by US

The US has ordered all non-essential government personnel to leave its consulate in the Pakistani city of Lahore.

A senior State Department official said the move was in response to a « credible threat » to the consulate.

US personnel remaining in Lahore should limit non-essential travel within the country, the official said.

On Thursday, the US reiterated a travel warning advising all US citizens to defer non-essential travel to Pakistan.

« We are undertaking this drawdown due to concerns about credible threat information specific to the US Consulate in Lahore, » the official said.

« An updated travel warning has also been issued, » the official said, adding that « US citizens remaining in Lahore… should limit non-essential travel within the country, be aware of their surroundings whether in their residences or moving about, [and] make their own contingency emergency plans. »

Read More

Domenico Rancadore arrested as suspected Mafia Boss

A mafia boss found living in London has been denied bail while Italian authorities seek his extradition.

Domenico Rancadore headed a family involved in extortion, racketeering and drug trafficking, Italian police claim.

The 64-year-old was arrested on Wednesday at a house in Uxbridge under a European Arrest Warrant.

A judge at Westminster Magistrates’ Court denied Rancadore bail and scheduled a full extradition hearing for 25 November.

A new arrest warrant was issued for Rancadore earlier after his lawyers claimed there were « significant deficiencies » in the original warrant.

He was then rearrested and refused bail by District Judge Quentin Purdy who said Rancadore had « actively evaded apprehension for a significant period of time ».

Read More