Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Bomb Squad Called After Beach Grenade Discovery

A bomb squad was called to a woman’s house after she found a grenade while out dog walking and took it home.

Laura Ingall found the partially buried World War Two device on Bramshott Common, near Liphook, Hampshire, on Saturday. She said she had « worryingly » kicked it to get it out of the ground

After posting a photo of it on social media she raised the alarm. Her house and surrounding properties were later evacuated by police and a bomb disposal unit was called. « It was sort of buried on the main track of the common with just the top poking out, » Miss Ingall said. « Worryingly, I kind of kicked it to loosen it from the ground – ridiculous looking back. « It didn’t have a pin in it so I thought it was just a shell and not about to explode. »

She said she collected it to show her father, who is a fan of World War Two memorabilia.

Miss Ingall called the police after concerns were raised by her friends on Facebook when she posted a picture of the grenade.

« An officer came out, took some pictures and rang the bomb squad who confirmed it probably was live, » she said. « I left it at the end of my driveway and they dealt with it. By that time I had been evacuated and disappeared in embarrassment. »

Hampshire Constabulary said bomb disposal teams later confirmed the device was not live. A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: « The inert hand grenade was recovered for reduction to scrap. »

Two Police Officers Shot Dead In Canada

Canadian police say a suspect is in custody after at least four people were killed in a shooting in the eastern city of Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Two of the victims were local police officers, the city police said on Twitter. The pair have not been named, and the circumstances around the incident remain unclear.

Police have advised residents of Brookside Drive to « stay in their homes with doors locked at this time ».

A local TV reporter said he heard four gunshots just after 07:00 (11:00 GMT).

Nick Moore, a journalist from CTV Atlantic, posted video footage of the scene on Twitter, showing emergency vehicles outside a house.

« Awful news coming out of Fredericton, » Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted. « My heart goes out to everyone affected by this morning’s shooting. We’re following the situation closely. »

Fredericton is the capital of New Brunswick province and home to around 56,000 people. Gun laws are more stringent in Canada than in the US, but the number of shootings has nonetheless risen in recent years.

British Man Admits Plotting Terror Attack

A man has pleaded guilty to plotting a terror attack in London and raising money for terrorism.

Lewis Ludlow, 26, from Rochester, Kent, appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink from HMP Belmarsh.

He pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempting to travel to the Philippines for terrorist purposes. The charge will remain on file.

Ludlow had sworn an oath of allegiance to the so-called Islamic State leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi. He had been involved with the banned extremist group Al Muhajiroun. He is due to be sentenced at a later date.

29 Children Killed And Many Injured In Yemen Air Strike

At least 29 children have been killed and 30 wounded in a Saudi-led coalition air strike in Yemen, the International Committee of the Red Cross says.

The children were travelling on a bus that was hit at a market in Dahyan, in the northern province of Saada.

The health ministry run by the rebel Houthi movement said put the death toll at 43, and said 61 people were wounded.

The coalition, which is backing Yemen’s government in a war with the Houthis, said its actions were « legitimate ». It insists it never deliberately targets civilians, but human rights groups have accused it of bombing markets, schools, hospitals and residential areas.

Yemeni tribal elders told the Associated Press that the bus was hit as it passed through Dahyan market and that it was transporting local civilians, including many school children.

Read More

Air To Air Missile Accidentally Fired By Spanish Jet Over Estonia

Spain’s defence ministry is investigating after one of its fighter jets accidentally fired a missile over Estonia during a training mission.

The incident happened on Tuesday afternoon « in an area of southwest Estonia authorised for this type of exercise », the ministry said. It added that the air-to-air missile did not cause damage and was designed to self-destruct.

But Estonia’s military says it is looking for the remains of the missile.

« A Spanish Eurofighter based in Lithuania accidentally fired a missile without causing any harm, » Spain’s defence ministry said in a statement.

« The air-to-air missile has not hit any aircraft. [We] have opened an investigation to clarify the exact cause of the incident. »

Read More