Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Historic Talks Take Place Between US And North Korea

US President Donald Trump says his historic talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un that ended in a joint agreement were « tremendous ».

The signed document includes a pledge from Mr Kim to rid the Korean peninsula of nuclear weapons. But in an extraordinary media conference later, Mr Trump announced details not in the paper. He said he would halt US military exercises in South Korea, something widely seen as a concession.

The meeting was the first time a sitting US president has met North Korea’s leader, and caps a remarkable turnaround for the two.

Last year saw the pair sling insults at each other, while North Korea conducted several ballistic missile tests in defiance of the international community.

For both men the meeting brought much to gain as well as considerable risk.

Read More

President Trump And Kim Jong-un Arrive In Singapore

North Korean state media have raised the possibility that the isolated country could « establish a new relationship » with the United States.

It comes a day before North Korean leader Kim Jong-un meets US President Donald Trump for historic talks. The comments mark a shift in tone from North Korea after decades of animosity towards the US.

Meanwhile Mr Trump has said he has a « good feeling » about Tuesday’s much-anticipated summit. Both leaders arrived for the talks – the first ever between a sitting US president and a North Korean leader – in Singapore on Sunday.

Mr Trump tweeted on Monday morning that there was « excitement in the air » ahead of the summit. He hopes the meeting will kick-start a process that eventually sees Mr Kim give up nuclear weapons. But North Korea’s perspective has always been more opaque.

Later on Monday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US was willing to offer « unique » security guarantees to North Korea so the isolated state would know that denuclearisation was « not something that ends badly for them ».

Read More

Moped Thieves Target Stationary Car In Croydon

A family of four were robbed by two masked men on a moped as they sat in a stationary car in Croydon, south London.

One of the suspects threatened the family with a large knife on Keats Way, Coulsdon, at about 17:45 BST on Friday.

Police say the pair made off with a « small quantity of jewellery ».

A 30-year-old woman suffered a cut to the hand during the robbery, as one of the suspects attempted to steal her bracelet. It is believed that the other man also had a knife.

Detectives described the suspects as two white males, aged in their late teens or early 20s. Both were of slim build and wore dark coloured tracksuits, black crash helmets and facemasks.

The number of offences carried out by criminals using mopeds in London has increased from 827 offences in 2012 to more than 23,000 last year. Data obtained by the BBC showed during that period, more than 40% of such offences happened in just two boroughs – Camden and Islington.

Recorded Violent Crime On The Rise

In recent days, several high-profile crimes – including the mugging of comedian Michael McIntyre and the robbery of a TV crew’s camera equipment in London – have put violent crime back into the spotlight.

Parts of the media have declared that violent crime has turned the country into « Wild West Britain » and one paper asks: « Have we lost control of our streets? »

Meanwhile, Labour’s crime spokeswoman, Louise Haigh, says the police are facing « overwhelming demand ».

There are two main ways of measuring crime:

Police recorded crime – the number of incidents reported to the police and recorded by individual forces. The Crime Survey – an annual survey that collects people’s experience of crime.

The most recent official statistics on police recorded crime show there were 1.3 million violent crimes in England and Wales last year. That is an increase of 21% compared with 2016, when 1.1 million violent crimes were recorded.

Read More

Uzbek Man Sentenced To Life For Swedish Lorry Attack

An Uzbek man who carried out a lorry attack which killed five people in Sweden last year has been sentenced to life for terrorist crimes.

Rakhmat Akilov, 40, had expressed sympathy for the Islamic State (IS) group before the attack in Stockholm. But prosecutors had to prove he intended to harm the state, as IS did not say it was behind the attack.

Akilov, a rejected asylum seeker, fled the scene but was quickly arrested and confessed during police interrogation.

He left Uzbekistan for Sweden in 2014 and sought residency there, but in December 2016 he was told that he had four weeks to leave the country. He disappeared and, a few months before the attack, was put on an official wanted list.

On 7 April last year, Akilov hijacked a lorry and drove it at high speed down one of Stockholm’s busiest shopping streets and into a department store.

Read More