Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Home Secretary Claims Bomber Did Not Act Alone

The man who carried out a suicide attack in Manchester was « likely » to have not acted alone, Home Secretary Amber Rudd says.

Salman Abedi killed 22 and injured 59 when he blew himself up at the Manchester Arena on Monday night.

The UK terror threat level is now up to its highest level of « critical », meaning more attacks may be imminent. Military personnel will now be deployed to protect key sites as a result of the new threat level.

Four of the victims are known to be eight-year-old Saffie Rose Rousses, Olivia Campbell, 15, John Atkinson, 28, and Georgina Callander – thought to be 18.

According to Reuters, the Polish foreign minister has said that two Polish people who went missing after the attack are among those killed.

Read More

Next Steps For Our Security Forces After Manchester Attack

The UK has not seen a bomb attack like the Manchester outrage since 2005 for three simple reasons:

For more than a decade, the BBC Home Affairs Unit has monitored every single terrorist incident, attempted or failed, that has made it into the public domain.

Quite simply, most of the people we have seen dragged through the courts are not capable of this kind of incident. Many aspire to « martyrdom » and talk about building bombs. But they are either, to be frank, too stupid and disorganised to turn their fantasies into reality or, alternatively, they get caught because they don’t know how to cover their tracks.

Most jihadists discount a bomb attack at the early stages: they realise that it’s too difficult to pull off. They might accidentally kill themselves while making the device.

Their purchasing patterns might raise suspicions in a local pharmacy or, online, prompt GCHQ to have a closer look at their digital life. They may turn to someone else for help who, unbeknown to both, is already on the MI5 radar. And so, as the 2013 killing of Fusilier Lee Rigby showed – four years to the day before the Manchester attack – most aspiring attackers opt for a different course.

Read More

Manchester Attack: First Victims Named

Twenty-two people, including an eight-year-old girl, were killed and 59 injured when a suicide bomber attacked concert-goers at Manchester Arena.

A man set off a bomb in the foyer at 22:33 BST on Monday, at the end of a concert by Ariana Grande. Theresa May called the attack « sickening ».

Armed police have arrested a 23-year-old man in Chorlton, south Manchester, in connection with the attack.

The Queen held a minute’s silence at Buckingham Palace at 16:00 BST.

Two victims have been named so far. Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos was a pupil at Tarleton Primary School, in Lancashire.
Her head teacher, Chris Upton, said she had been « simply a beautiful little girl in every aspect of the word » and was « loved by everyone ». Student Georgina Callander, believed to have been 18, has also been named as among the dead. She had been studying health and social care at Runshaw College in Leyland, Lancashire.

Read More

Manchester Attack Leaves 22 Dead And Many Injured

Twenty-two people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured in a suicide attack at Manchester Arena.

The blast happened at 22:35 BST on Monday at the end of a concert by US singer Ariana Grande.

Police said the lone male attacker, who died in the blast, detonated an improvised explosive device.

Relatives are using social media to hunt for missing loved ones, and an emergency number, 0161 856 9400, has been set up. Sixty ambulances attended the incident and those wounded are now being treated at six hospitals around the city.

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said it was « the most horrific incident » Greater Manchester had ever faced. He said the « fast-moving investigation » was now working to establish whether the attacker « was acting alone or as part of a network ».

Eyewitnesses described seeing metal nuts and bolts among the debris, and spoke about the fear and confusion that gripped those caught up in the events.

Read More

Security Tight As President Trump Lands In Israel

Donald Trump has arrived in Israel as he continues his first foreign trip as US president.

He flew in from Saudi Arabia, a key US ally, where he gave a speech to Arab and Muslim leaders at a summit. Mr Trump will hold talks with both Israeli and Palestinian leaders during the course of his two-day stop.

The president has called an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement « the ultimate deal », but has been vague about what form it should take. He has said he prefers to leave it to both sides to decide between them in direct talks. On his arrival in Tel Aviv, Mr Trump said he hoped the US and Israel could work together in an era of « harmony, prosperity and peace ».

Mr Trump’s flight between Saudi Arabia and Israel is likely to have been the first between the two countries, that have no diplomatic relations.

The US president has been widely seen as considerably more supportive of Israel than his predecessor, Barack Obama. He has taken a softer position on the contentious issue of Israeli settlements, suggesting that their expansion rather than their presence might hamper the search for peace.

Read More