Armoured & Luxury
Chauffeur Driven Cars

Discreet Professional Protection

Paris Attacker Salah Abdeslam Had Nuclear Research Papers

Documents about Germany’s Juelich nuclear research centre were found at Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam’s Brussels flat, reports say.

The suspect, captured four days before the Brussels bombings, had internet print-outs and photos of the centre’s boss, media network RND said. Juelich’s reactor was decommissioned and German officials insist all nuclear plants are safe from terror attack.

Senior German officials have said they have no information on the matter. However, RND cites sources within Germany’s parliamentary control committee saying they were briefed at the end of March by Hans-Georg Maassen, head of German domestic intelligence.

Juelich lies some 30km (20 miles) from the Belgian border and the German report suggests material found printed out in the suspect’s flat in Molenbeek included photos of the research centre’s chairman, Wolfgang Marquardt.

Salah Abdeslam, 26, was arrested after a four-month manhunt on suspicion of planning the 13 November Islamist gun and bomb attacks on Paris in which 130 people were killed. His brother Brahim was among the bombers while he escaped back to Belgium and was eventually caught on 18 March at a friend’s home in Molenbeek, close to his own flat.

Four days later, Islamist associates of Salah Abdeslam bombed Brussels airport and Maelbeek metro station, killing 32 people.

Last month’s bombings have prompted a deepening political row in Belgium, after leaked EU reports from 2011 and 2015 highlighted flaws in security at the country’s airports. Belgian federal transport agency chief Laurent Ledoux has resigned, complaining of a lack of funding from the Transport Minister, Jacqueline Galant. He told Belgian radio station RTL that by stepping down he was doing what Ms Galant herself should have done – « take responsibility and step aside ».

Read More

Russian Fighter Jets Fly Close To US Warship

Russia says it observed all required safety measures when its aircraft flew close to a US warship in international waters of the Baltic Sea on Monday.

According to Russia’s defence ministry, the Su-24 fighter jets « turned away in observance of all safety measures » after observing the USS Donald Cook. The ship was sailing close to a Russian navy base, the ministry said.

Russia was criticised over the flybys, which a US official called « one of the most aggressive acts in recent memory ». The two Russian jets flew over the US destroyer almost a dozen times, American officials said. At one point the jets were so close – about 9m (30ft) – that they created wakes in the water around the ship.
The jets had no visible weaponry and the ship took no action.

The Russian defence ministry said: « After spotting the ship, Russian pilots turned away from it in full compliance with safety measures. « All flights of the Russian aircraft are in strict compliance with international rules of the use of air space above neutral waters. »

The commander of the Donald Cook described the flights as a « simulated attack ». The passes were « unsafe, potentially provocative » and « could have caused an accident, » officials said in a release. The actions of the Russian jets may have violated a 1970s agreement meant to prevent dangerous incidents at sea, but it is not clear whether the US is going to protest. A Russian helicopter taking pictures also passed by the ship seven times.

Read More

Boko Haram Video Shows Kidnapped Schoolgirls

A video released by Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram appears to show some of the schoolgirls kidnapped two years ago from the town of Chibok.

The video, apparently filmed in December, was sent to the Nigerian government and shows 15 girls in black robes identifying themselves as pupils abducted from the school. Some of those filmed have been identified by their parents. It is the first footage of the girls to be seen since May 2014.

The kidnapping of the 276 girls triggered the global social media campaign #BringBackOurGirls, involving US first lady Michelle Obama and a host of celebrities.
But despite their efforts, most of the girls are still missing.

Meanwhile, hundreds of parents are due to hold a march in the Nigerian capital, Abuja, to demand the government does more to find their daughters. They blame the previous government for doing nothing when the abduction took place and now the current administration for failing to devote enough resources to the search.

Boko Haram militants attacked the government boarding school in Borno state on 14 April 2014, seizing the girls who had gone there to take exams. Shortly afterwards they released a video of them and demanded a prisoner exchange.

Read More

IS Slogan Carved Onto Mans Head By Fellow Prisoner In Australia

An Australian prisoner who supports the so-called Islamic State has allegedly used a knife to carve a slogan on to his cellmate’s head.

Reports said the Islamic State mantra « e4e », standing for « an eye for an eye », was carved into the man’s head.

An inquiry will examine how the high-risk attacker, 18, came to be housed with his 40-year-old cellmate. New South Wales Corrections Minister David Elliot said placing the pair in the same cell was « a stuff-up ».

The attack took place at the Mid North Coast Correctional Centre in Kempsey, 4.5 hours north of Sydney. The injured man was a minimum-security prisoner and the teenager, named by multiple sources as Bourhan Hraichie, was a maximum-security prisoner.

A Corrections Department spokesperson said the 18-year-old had been jailed for stealing, not terrorism-related offences.

Initial reports said the injured man had served in the Australian army in East Timor, but Mr Elliott said he did not believe this was accurate. « It is important to note that the man’s background does not change the seriousness of this incident, » Mr Elliott said in a statement.

Read More

Man Faces Trial Over PC Gordon Semple Murder

A man will go on trial for allegedly strangling and dismembering Met police officer Gordon Semple.

Stefano Brizzi, 49, is accused of murdering the 59-year-old officer at his flat on a day between April 1 and April 7.

Italian-born Mr Brizzi appeared at the Old Bailey wearing dark sunglasses and a grey tracksuit.

Recorder of London, Nicholas Hilliard QC, set a provisional trial date of Tuesday, 18 October. The prosecution alleges Mr Brizzi dismembered Mr Semple’s body and disposed of it in communal waste bins on the Peabody Estate in Southwark Street, south London.

Mr Brizzi was remanded in custody ahead of a further hearing on April 20.

PC Semple was originally from Inverness in Scotland and had been with the Metropolitan Police for 30 years. He went missing on 1 April and his remains were discovered a week later.